A poll about the light house, admins weigh in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poll about the light house, admins weigh in

The light house(forget what map) In my opinion is an "unethical" point for the attackers to post snipers and CG guys. They have a chopper to get to the top of the roof, yet the attackers have no way to go get them. yes we can go into the lighthouse but we can't get to the roof. So I am posting a poll to see what people think. The way I see it, it's no different than putting a spawn beacon on the roof of "inaccessible" buildings in 2142.
    It's no different
    40.00%
    It's way different....shut up
    60.00%
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: A poll about the light house, admins weigh in

Cant you shoot them with a sniper on your own team?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

you could do that in 2142 as well, the issue is that 1 guy can hang back and be the "spawn beacon" and never get shot
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think dropping people off and spawning on the light house rooftop should be a kickable offense. Unless they stand next to the very edge, the defenders have no real way to shooting them down, while the attackers can just fire the rockets on the m-coms at will.

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
          I think dropping people off and spawning on the light house rooftop should be a kickable offense. Unless they stand next to the very edge, the defenders have no real way to shooting them down, while the attackers can just fire the rockets on the m-coms at will.
          Flip I think you voted wrong? I think you mean it's no different than a spawn beacon?

Comment

Yeah I must have confused the poll options....no thanks to you :p

Comment

On this set of mcoms attackers go up the hill and that light house is the only chance of a flank. None on the roof can hide from well placed mortar strike.
              sigpic

Comment

Mortar?
                TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                  On this set of mcoms attackers go up the hill and that light house is the only chance of a flank. None on the roof can hide from well placed mortar strike.
                  same could be done by a commander in 2142....we still didn't allow it

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                    same could be done by a commander in 2142....we still didn't allow it
                    Even thou i voted that its no different i think its not as big deal as in 2142 cause all 16 players can equip Mortars compered to 1 commander.
                    There are also other areas like pipe line on first set of Port Valdez that attackers can snipe and CG objectives with out a worry that they get knifed cause its not accessible for defenders.
                    Last edited by PL_OSTRY; 10-05-2010, 12:15 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Personally I don't have a problem with it. As was said, a well-placed mortar strike can clear the entire area.

Even if it doesn't, a couple of skilled snipers can keep whoever is up there completely pinned down and unable to fire off an aimed rocket shot. All they end up doing is serving as a bleed accelerator for the attacking team.

Comment

I've bee sitting there round after round landing mortars with the improved explosion perk, it will not clear the light house. And snipers? It takes what? 0,4 of a second to stop crouching and shoot and that might even be slow.

Should it be against the rules? I don't know, the "we didn't allow it in BF2142" ain't working for me tho. Different games. Doing A in BF2142 gave you the result of Z but doing the same in BC2 might give you another result..

I think my mind is leaning towards allowed, That stage is a goner anyway and sitting on the roof ain't gonna win you the round. You can do the same thing everywhere so why get a rule about it?
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Use a mortar. It's not that big of a deal.

Comment

I don't think it's a big enough deal to get an admin ruling on. It is a single isolated location and does not make that much of a difference to the game.

Comment

It's certainly not something a TGer should do, but it's not worth it to create small rules like this.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X