The Big BC2 Explosions Video Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big BC2 Explosions Video Thread

Here is a thread for videos made by TGers that feature big explosions in Bad Company 2.

And here is something I saw that blewed up real good . . .

(Best viewed in HD)
    sigpic

Re: The Big BC2 Explosions Video Thread

Hmm emale can i ask how you record your videos? I see its in fraps but what settings and do you record onto special hard drives? and once done how are you sticking them all together?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackspyder View Post
      Hmm emale can i ask how you record your videos? I see its in fraps but what settings and do you record onto special hard drives? and once done how are you sticking them all together?
      I use a paid version of FRAPS, set to half screen, 60 FPS, and recording to a drive other than my C system drive. The transfer rate from my system drive (Western Digital Carviar Black 1T) to the Fraps-devoted drive (just an old drive) is SATA 3 Gb/s, 32 MB Cache, 7200 RPM. I have been told that I would get faster transfer and better video results if I used a SSD (see http://www.tacticalgamer.com/video-production/ for the TG discussion of in-game video editing).

I use Corel Video Studio Pro X3 (appox $100) to edit the video. An adequate program for beginner-level editing, but one that crashes frequently on my system for reasons unknown.

The edited videos are rendered for upload to YouTube as MPEG-4 files.

Note that you need a lot of cpu power to run FRAPS and not see a significant degradation in your in-game frame rate and game performance.
      sigpic

Comment

Where is the Big Kaboom?

This 30 second video shows where a big explosion SHOULD have taken place, but did not due to weird in-game physics. As usual, it will look best replayed in 1080 HD.

I now have an additional 100Gb drive dedicated to just recording FRAPS, so my plan is to leave FRAPS running at all times when playing so I do not miss those moments, such as last night, when a ATV raced towards me, exploded in front of me, and cartwheeled over my head while in flames. Breathtaking.
        Last edited by E-Male; 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

sweet cheers iv got the paid fraps. and my main drive is an SSD with raided drives for all data and video recording. also got an i7920 with a 4ghz overclock so plenty of CPU muscle there! pretty much the same system you are running but a rampage 2 extreme instead of 3 (jealous) apreciate the info tho! will check out that corel studio software asap.

Comment

Some the echoes of explosions from across the map are quite epic at times. Those *duck* "woh what was THAT?" moments. :D

Comment

That first video is breathtaking at full speed!

I'm just gutted I wasnt there to cover you for the oncoming guy afterwards... I really need to get back onto the battlefield sometime (curse my clockwork system :P ).

I'm enjoying your video snippets though mate, keep 'em coming.
              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Hey FineStyle - always good to hear from you! Been following the TG-3rd of late -- they remind me of the 1stMIP a wee bit.
                sigpic

Comment

Re: Where is the Big Kaboom?

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  This 30 second video shows where a big explosion SHOULD have taken place, but did not due to weird in-game physics. As usual, it will look best replayed in 1080 HD.

I now have an additional 100Gb drive dedicated to just recording FRAPS, so my plan is to leave FRAPS running at all times when playing so I do not miss those moments, such as last night, when a ATV raced towards me, exploded in front of me, and cartwheeled over my head while in flames. Breathtaking.
                  Perfect example of how NOT to use a Blackhawk.
                  sigpic

Comment

Strangest Sighting in BC2 EVER!

Can't beat this for odd . . .

sigpic

Comment

Re: Strangest Sighting in BC2 EVER!

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                      Can't beat this for odd . . .

Hhaha, thats awesome!
                      sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

That is most defenitely odd. Fail tank play.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

E-male how do you manage to capture all of this footage? Do you record certain matches and hope you get lucky enough to make a nice video out of one or do you record every match and simply delete the boring ones? Very interesting video of the tank by the way, I have never seen that happen before.

Former TG-21st
                          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                            E-male how do you manage to capture all of this footage? Do you record certain matches and hope you get lucky enough to make a nice video out of one or do you record every match and simply delete the boring ones? Very interesting video of the tank by the way, I have never seen that happen before.
                            I have about 1/2 terabyte of empty drive space that I can use for recording Fraps, so what I have started doing lately is just running Fraps all the time while playing. I am in the habit of stopping the recording when I die or a game ends, and this leads to forgetting to turn it on, which leads to missed great action. Eventually I'll get fully in the groove and record all my playing.

If I have spare time the next day I'll go through the footage at high speed and make a vid or two.

I then delete all old videos files before starting the next game.

And here is my latest collection of in-game scenes from last night, featuring some fine explosions. I am trying to get as close to arty and falling helos to film without getting killed here . . .

Watch in 1080p HD for best results!
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...