Server 1 Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 1 Experiment

Server 1 has had some changes made. We removed 3D spotting and lowered the player count.

Since the maps are smaller and seem to be designed for the 24 player count of the Console versions, we thought it would be interesting to see how it would play out on server 1. Server 1 is now the exact same as server 2 just with a lower player count so things don't get so hectic. Please leave general feed back here and any specific suggestions, complaints, or ideas in the Contact An Admin Forum.

Also, find me in Teamspeak if you want to ask questions or anything!

Thanks to Bleedingknee for the suggestion!

Re: Server 1 Experiment

Just curious, is the SM script working for server 1? With a smaller player count, I'd imagine more requests to admins for a spot on the server.

I'm definitely want to give it a try.

Comment

I'll give it a try, sounds good. Rush is tons better, with 24 player counts.

Comment

Sounds cool!
        sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Was hoping for 8v8, but i least we are making progress.
          sigpic

Comment

Cool, glad you guys will give it a shot!
            Last edited by oniell121; 10-15-2010, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Ill give it a shot aswell

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                Was hoping for 8v8
                This

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

First thing I noticed is that the maps with armor aren't quite as fun. Perhaps we should do infantry only.

Comment

Good idea, Unload!
                    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Unload View Post
                      First thing I noticed is that the maps with armor aren't quite as fun. Perhaps we should do infantry only.

If not we should at least have a gentleman's agreement on it;

Edited due to confusion as to the point of the post - I do not have anything against any IHS's, this was about a completely different person.
                      Last edited by MacLeod; 10-16-2010, 09:30 AM.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Before this begins flaming, let me be clear:

There is no rule about the use of vehicles. We cannot and will not restrict their use in a fair, game play environment.
                        However, there can be player pacts(Gentlemen's rules) about their use in force. These, however, are not enforceable from an admin perspective and and completely up to the players to individually go by.

This is all besides the point though. Please read THIS THREAD and use it to judge your actions in-game.

If you have a problem with an IHS, come to the admins. We will clarify any issues going on.

Do not engage in verbal sniping in the forums.

Comment

No armor would be a fun change of pace. If there is a server side setting, perhaps we could try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by oniell121 View Post
                            Before this begins flaming, let me be clear:

There is no rule about the use of vehicles. We cannot and will not restrict their use in a fair, game play environment.
                            However, there can be player pacts(Gentlemen's rules) about their use in force. These, however, are not enforceable from an admin perspective and and completely up to the players to individually go by.

This is all besides the point though. Please read THIS THREAD and use it to judge your actions in-game.

If you have a problem with an IHS, come to the admins. We will clarify any issues going on.

Do not engage in verbal sniping in the forums.
                            Isn't there a mod that removes vehicles, or are you saying that it would be against the EULA?

Comment

Originally posted by Unload View Post
                              Isn't there a mod that removes vehicles, or are you saying that it would be against the EULA?
                              Originally posted by Battlefield Terms And Conditions

Ranked Server Administrators
                              If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.
                              Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:
                              1. Preventing players from using certain vehicles such as ATV's, helicopters, or armored vehicles
                              2. Running knife / specific weapon / pistol-only servers
                              3. Preventing players from using all game assets (mortar strike, vehicles, UAV or motion sensors). If using the Infantry-only server-side option, this should be clearly stated in the game's loading screen
                              4. Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system.
                              Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:
                              1. Limiting movement of combat assets, such as Aircraft and Vehicles during game play - For example, disallowing all aircraft is not acceptable.
                              2. Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of bases that cannot be captured. In some cases, however, attacking the base with reasonable intent to take out assets (artillery, M-Com points) is acceptable.
                              3. Limiting the use of mortar strikes or in-game assets to a particular region of the map.
                              4. Server Administrators will also violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they (i) use offensive server names, server art or clan tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions while in game.

This is part of the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Rules of Conduct thread which can be viewed HERE.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X