Why are our servers always empty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are our servers always empty?

Its seems that all changes made have had a negative impact on our servers. Everytime i log on they are empty. I seem to remember having near the #1 server in BC2, this was when we ran a straight vanilla server. Also I would like to know how many players have joined TG after only playing BC2? Which game will late comers ruin next?

Logged in at 8:00pm on a Saturday and TG servers are empty - now we finally have a problem worth fixing -admins get to work

Re: Why are our servers always empty?

perhaps due to MoH? all my steam mates are playing it atm. :/ damn them!

Comment

Yea, but its a tactical desert

Comment

Same last night. I played on my first non-TG server in I don't know how long last night. I don't believe its the settings, but I could be wrong. It may be MoH, and I guess our servers may be showing up differently or something?

Comment

ok so lets get TG back on that search engine, why dont we do server experiment 1004938249847234 and make one server COMPLETELY vanilla, 15 sec spawn included. I like conquest only (old BF player here) but not against mixed mode.

Comment

2142 is where the real talking teamwork is.

You can argue all you like. DICE have sold us down the river with their console ports...I am not having it!!!!!

I do enjoy eye candy, but seriously, have you ever really had that level of team work in these ports???? Command structure is needed for our community style gameplay....

Flame away...2142 lover shield on!

Comment

No I agree, it is probably not the same level of team wide teamwork we enjoyed in 2142. Squads can still get a good level of teamwork going though. A commander would be a great improvement.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the server settings. The server is not always empty. In fact, it is typically full. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken.
                TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

logged in at 8pm on Sat 10/17
                  server 1 - 0/24
                  server 2 - 0/32

I have never seen this before at primetime on a weekend just saying

logged in at 11:30 pm on Sat 10/17
                  server 1 - empty - as in 0/24
                  server 2 - 30/32

more facts to follow

Edit: A better representation - this is a bar graph showing the last 24 hours

So for Sat 10/17

BC2 server 1

as many as 10 players for a few hours around 6pm

BC2 server 2

empty for most the day with the server picking up at around 9pm till midnight
                  Last edited by LordMeatwad; 10-17-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Ahh I love facts....my facts are MoH :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Crux View Post
                      There is nothing wrong with the server settings. The server is not always empty. In fact, it is typically full. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken.
                      Again please focus on the 24 hour graph on the right hand side

our servers on Sat 10/17

Big E clan servers on Sat 10/17

here is a mixed mode:

Sure looks like a problem to me. Our Euro players seem to never have people to play with.

Conclusion:
                      We cannot fill one server while the Big E clan fills 3 all day long. Maybe TG is wasting its money. Maybe just maybe default settings need to be returned
                      Last edited by LordMeatwad; 10-17-2010, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Medal of Honor came out. The playerbase of these two titles overlap some so the back half of this week has naturally been a bit slow as players check out the title. Assuming the BC2 regulars keep playing BC2 will rebound where needed as new players fill in gaps and some curious toward MoH trickle back in.
                        • On 9-14 due to requests we setup server 2 in a different style. The community adopted it as their primary server.
                        • 9-14 to 10-14 there continued to be a 'vanilla' server and it sat empty.
                        • For at least the last three months I would say the community has settled down to seeding/playing on only one server. Posting graphs of server 1 activity when server 2 has been the mainstay now is pointless.
                        • We cater to a niche group of gamers and accordingly will not fill our servers 24/7. If another clan has a different approach (hmmm server name ) and brings in more players then so be it.
                        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by LordMeatwad View Post
                          Again please focus on the 24 hour graph on the right hand side
                          Conclusion:
                          We cannot fill one server while the Big E clan fills 3 all day long. Maybe TG is wasting its money. Maybe just maybe default settings need to be returned
                          You are drawing a conclusion based off 24 hours? From 24 hours you can conclude that the servers are "Always empty" despite the fact within your own 24 hour window server 2 fills up?
                          Last edited by Crux; 10-17-2010, 08:34 AM.
                          TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

I play every day at euro times. The servers have been empty at these times for a week. Some Tg-ers are on teamspeak but we always play on another server. Mainly because:

Others are playing
                            Spawn time isnīt frustrating
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordMeatwad View Post
                              logged in at 8pm on Sat 10/17
                              server 1 - 0/24
                              server 2 - 0/32

I have never seen this before at primetime on a weekend just saying

logged in at 11:30 pm on Sat 10/17
                              server 1 - empty - as in 0/24
                              server 2 - 30/32

more facts to follow

Edit: A better representation - this is a bar graph showing the last 24 hours

So for Sat 10/17

BC2 server 1

as many as 10 players for a few hours around 6pm

BC2 server 2

empty for most the day with the server picking up at around 9pm till midnight
                              Stop playing xbox and seed the server then.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X