FYI - For people who can't get their rockets to track a tracer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI - For people who can't get their rockets to track a tracer

Figured I'd post this in case I was not the only one that couldn't figure out why my rockets wouldn't home on a tracer I found the method that worked for me 100% of the time.

Zoom in and place your reticule over the tracer signal target (it looks like a little orange square and it can locked on through walls), now keep your aim on that square until you see a range come up underneath, once that happens you can look away and fire and it will still home into the position, worked everytime for me today.

Cheers

Re: FYI - For people who can't get their rockets to track a tracer

Yes, it takes a 2-3 second lock to get the shot to track. The square will blink and then become fully solid when its locked. You should try firing the rocket above the target for maximum trajectory.

Comment

Nice tips guys, thanks. Confirmation from others is always nice. :) I was kind of wondering this myself when Repaq was being our pro medic tracer dart shooter, and I had an RPG.
      Together Everyone Achieves More!

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys!!!! Definitely a good thing to know.

Comment

Use the RPG against armor. Carl G against personnel.
          -F-

Comment

Thanks for the tip!
            One koala met another koala. Then they killed stuff.... 2 Koala Army!

Comment

Originally posted by ikonic View Post
              Use the RPG against armor. Carl G against personnel.
              If you're sporting the Carl G, it still does good damage against armor unless the enemy is using VH-ARMOR upgrade. Especially if you're carrying 8 of these babies. And doing it from behind deals extra damage and is very effective.

Comment

It won't work around tight corners though...you have to pick and choose...I parked a tank tight against the wall and watched the fireworks show around the corner....It's an arc but it's not a perfect parabola...

Sometimes the animations go haywire...I've seen my rockets hit a lamp post....deflect off into the distance only to still receive a +30 damage score

Comment

How far can you push the envelope? I've fired it straight up and had it track. Can you fire in the opposite direction?

Comment

never tried...I'll do a 180...I know that the height that the rocket reaches is the only major hindrance...

*EDIT

WOWOOWOWOWOOW!!! shooting it backwards works great.....i get twice/three times the height when I point it up...my suggestion is to point your gun this way:

45 degrees from the ground up facing the opposite direction of the tank...wheee

I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH....IMMEDIATELY TURN AROUND AND FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It mimics a javelin for the first part of the trajectory....it goes straight up...
                    Last edited by TheSc1entist; 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X