Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abels bad habit.. (experiments with damage and vehicle hitpoints)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abels bad habit.. (experiments with damage and vehicle hitpoints)

First of all.. I did this 8am and was kinda tired. I might be wrong about some damage numbers or time stamps and if you have discovered that Y does damage X and I say something else post it here so I can change it in the thread.

The damage that I have described is what happened to me the most time.. It seems that all the vehicles have more hitboxes than just front, side and rear.. Just as the APC had in bf2142.. With some luck I can find a map showing the damage done to different parts of the armor.

Time:
    It takes 5 seconds to get a grenade back when standing on a ammo box, same for 40mm nades.
    It takes 2 seconds to get one clip back.
    It takes 3 seconds to arm a crate.
    It takes 25 seconds for the crate to explode after being armed.
    It takes 20 seconds before the sound to pick up speed.
    It takes 6 seconds to disarm a crate.*1
    It takes 20 seconds after the second crate have been destroyed to open up the gray area.*2

*1 If you hear the sound of the armed crate picking up speed. Don't even bother with it. Defend the other crate.
    *2 If you count to 22 and then run you will make it.

Vehicle damage:
    dmg=damage

Assault rifles:
    The first two Assault guns, every round takes 3 dmg per hit on the ATV. More often than not the ATV is damaged when it comes near you. But if it don't explode draw your handgun and finish the job with a couple of rounds. (3*30=90)

40mm grenade:
    A hit from the 40mm grenade destroys the ATV.

A Front hit on heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD) does 5dmg.
    A rear hit on heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD) does 8-10dmg*1
    A side hit on seems to work like a rear hit.
    A hit on the turret does 5dmg even if you the the back side of the turret.

A hit on the Vodnik does 42dmg and it doesn't matter where it hits.

*1 I don't know why but I think they have 2-3 different hitboxes in the back

C4:
    1 package of C4 kills the Vodnik.
    1 package of C4 kills the ATV
    2 package of C4 kills Heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD)

RPG:
    A front hit on heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD) does 28dmg
    A rear hit on heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD) does 51dmg
    A side hit on heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD) does 51dmg *1

A hit on a Vodnik kills it.

*1 This I'm not sure about. Hitboxes is kinda wacky in the beta.

Carl Gustav launcher(M2 CG):
    A front hit on heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD) does 22dmg
    A rear hit on heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD) does 48dmg

A hit on the Vodnik kills it.

AT Mines:
    THEY HURT!
    I need help with figure out how much dmg they do but it seems to have the same if not higher dmg rate as C4.

M-Com(creates):
    It takes 8 shells from the T90 to destroy the crate.
    It takes 16 40mm grenades to destroy the crate.
    It takes 5 package of C4 to destroy the crate.

Remember that all this numbers and stuff can change for the release and that there will be some faults in my numbers.. Take it as pointers more than facts.

Oh, and a nit trick. When you are disarming the crate you can back away a little bit turn 180 degrees and shot people coming up the stairs or trough a door.

Props to kartman256 who helped me with arming the crates so I could disarm it and check the times it took.
    Last edited by PM..; 02-10-2010, 03:06 PM. Reason: 'crates'
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Re: Abels bad habit.. (Playing on emtpy servers)

Great intel.

Nice work!
    sigpic

"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."
    Retired 11th Airborne | Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

+Rep

I would love to see some armor hitbox maps.

I don't like that the 40mm nade damages armor. Completely foolish. It should damage ATVs and Humvees, but not tanks or IFVs.

Comment

I agree that the hit-boxes on the rear of armor are not just a single slab. I've destroyed a bradley with one RPG shot to the vents at the rear - I don't know if it was damaged or not, but it had an engineer repairing off and on when I snuck around and hit it.... Since the walkers in 2142 have vents on the bottom that are vulnerable, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

+rep

(I'm also going to edit the title to make it more search friendly)

Comment

Re: Abels bad habit.. (experiments with damage and vehicle hitpoints)

Originally posted by Abel View Post
          C4:
          2 package of C4 kills Heavy armor (T90/Bradley/BMD)
          I'm certain that a T90 can be taken down with one UAV rocket if it hits directly into the opening hole at the top.
          I'm *almost* certain that the same is true with C4 -- I've placed C4 on a T90 from above, blew one pack, and it went down. From its position, and the fact that it had an engineer constantly repairing it, I imagine it was at 100.

Other than that -- awesome info. I wonder whether a Saiga clip can take down an ATV.

Comment

If you aim for the back end of the T90 with the UAV rocket it's 100dmg.. I don't know where a hitbox stops and another starts.. But if you split the tank into two sections of equal size and aim for the rear section you should destroy the tank.

It takes 7 shoots from the Saiga from 2-3m to destroy an ATV. But if you move to 10-15m.. Well after 15 shoots I got bored and shoot a couple of rounds from the M1911.. If you are using the Saiga and see an enemy that you aren't sure you can kill with 3 maybe 4 shoots, use the M1911. It's a disturbingly powerful weapon and if you learn to aim for the head you can even kill a sniper in the distance with it since it doesn't loose power over range..
            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Oh..Thanks PM, I mean Crates not create:P I'm gonna blame it on the fact that I woke up 5am played for a hour and then did this for a couple of hours. My English is bad but that is just embarrassing.. Now, where is that pesky Edit button..
              Nubhar

Comment

Anyone up for translating some of this info into video form? I would love to see a good video dealing with armor damage on the TG training youtube channel for example.

Also I could swear I remember seeing an armor hitbox map out there somewhere.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                  Oh..Thanks PM, I mean Crates not create:P I'm gonna blame it on the fact that I woke up 5am played for a hour and then did this for a couple of hours. My English is bad but that is just embarrassing.. Now, where is that pesky Edit button..
                  I did it for you. Edit button dissappears after a while..
                  BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...