Revive your own medics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revive your own medics!

When you see your medic go down (let's say he got his butt shot while trying to revive your buddies), do him a favor and take his kit so you can revive him if its safe. If it is not safe, stay in a safe area so both people can revive on you.

Note: When you pick up a medic's kit and revive him, you're original kit is given to the medic. The medic will no longer be able to defib or heal without picking up an enemy medic's kit. So in effect, you will swap roles. Don't worry though, medics carry MGs!

Some of you probably already know this, but I just wanted to share.

Re: Revive your own medics!

I had this happen to me alot last night. Everytime I went down, SeriousTurtle was there stealin my stuff and bringing me back from the light :)
    Of course, i'd end up with his assault kit, and feeling invincible, rush out into the open and promptly get whacked again. Good times! Thanks Turtle
    Give me strength to save a life...

Comment

Another important thing: Let's say that the three of you are spawning on the 4th, and 4th is hiding. Say you're medic, and you have to chose between reviving a SM or guy in another squad. If this scenario happens: revive the bluehat. Greenies can spawn on anyone in your squad, and keeping a blue up means 3 other guys can spawn on him. This type of scenario is obviously uncommon, but if it does happen, make sure you make the right call.

Comment

Will do! For some odd reason I still keep hitting the G button when trying...
        [S7]Hablos
        Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

More medic tips:

You see a enemy medic duking it out with your buddy engineer/assault/whoever. After you avenge their deaths (say they lost the fight), grab the enemy medic's kit and revive your buddy. Then, switch back to your own kit!

Comment

This is about the only thing that will make me RAEG when playing medic. It's so frustrating to have your whole sqaud know you are down but ignore it and either just sit there or run off somewhere and get themselves killed with little hope of revival. There should be some kind of in-game voicing for when a teams medic goes down, like "Medic down! Someone get in there and help him!" and possibly extra points to go along with it like squad medic revive +90-100. I think it would give more incentive to your squad/team to keep the medics up and running and would result in a much less stressful ordeal for medics on Rush offense and Conquest.

Comment

Already see a fault in "Squad Medic Revive" bonuses:
              4-medic squads...

Game incentives are no way to go about something like this. It's all about teamwork and player mentality.

Note: If you pick up another kit, you still get points for whatever you spawned with. If you're ranking up points for engineer, you shouldn't hesitate to pick up that medic kit and lay waste with an LMG, if you're doing it the points it's largely beneficial for you to pick up that kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Krel View Post
                This is about the only thing that will make me RAEG when playing medic. It's so frustrating to have your whole sqaud know you are down but ignore it and either just sit there or run off somewhere and get themselves killed with little hope of revival. There should be some kind of in-game voicing for when a teams medic goes down, like "Medic down! Someone get in there and help him!" and possibly extra points to go along with it like squad medic revive +90-100..
                Yes, I guess we can't rely on the game to reward players to do it and create the incentive that way. What you have to do is a) be in the TG teamspeak (correctg channel etc). B) If you are the medic, cry out in TS "Medic Down" and provide a quick and informative location. C) Hope your squad mates will realize the importance of reviving the medic and attempt to switch kits and get you back into the action.

now, off hand I can't remember how or if you can switch back. so, you may now have to reverse roles with your squad mate. But we should all be well rounded enough to keep on trucking.

** EDIT ** Add content **

Although, sometimes it's better to not risk getting killed and revive your medic. Instead, it may be wiser to remain alive, out of immediate danger, and wait for the the team to respawn on you. But again, that decision can be communicated in TS very easily.
                Last edited by lacisghost; 03-17-2010, 02:36 PM. Reason: Add content
                |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

There should be some kind of in-game voicing for when a teams medic goes down, like "Medic down! Someone get in there and help him!"
                  They're working on that. It's called VOIP.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

You can only switch back if you have an unused kit nearby.

If you're doing a good job as a squad, there will be a dead guy who recently tried to shoot at your medic, and he'll be willing to let you borrow his kit while you swap.

Comment

True, the added points could result in 4-man medic squads which is the only issue with the idea unless squad kit limits are implemented (I doubt that will ever happen though) and yes, there is VOIP. But what about for people who don't have microphones? I've noticed that unfortunately so many people ignore the text that pops up on the left of their screens because they're too busy looking at something else (of course this issue isn't exclusive to BC2).

The only time it bothers me when people don't revive their downed medics is when there is no reason that they shouldn't. Like they were unlucky enough to get a random hand grenade under their feet from someone well over 200 feet away or when their kit and body fall well out of harms way. I understand that there are times where you're better off staying back and not risking your own life, the same applies to reviving other team mates when you're playing medic.

Comment

True, the added points could result in 4-man medic squads which is the only issue with the idea unless squad kit limits are implemented
                        The only, but also the most critical and a game-breaking issue. There's no way to differentiate what is acceptable through code, and to limit squad kits would mean that they are forcing players to do what they want them to do; not a good way to make players enjoy your game.

It may be the only issue, in Game Development it isn't always able to simply be ignored.

Comment

I believe you could code that with a simple algorithm but I only know that would work with computer programming and I'm not familiar with game programming to know whether they're similar enough or not for that to work. But yes, they most likely would never add kit limits which I also feel wouldn't be a good idea to have implemented for the same reasons you listed.

Comment

I believe you could code that with a simple algorithm but I only know that would work with computer programming and I'm not familiar with game programming to know whether they're similar enough or not for that to work.
                            It's certainly possible to say something "3 medics only," but there's no way to do it fair, is what I'm getting at. To limit the kit availability is forceful, to attempt to curb points is to deny points where it is in some cases justified to be received.

It's impractical.

Comment

I would not be surprised if some day when modding is available if a competition mod limited kits. But not for the vanilla version of the game. Krel, in some gametypes reviving your medic is "programmed" into the game! If you think about it, you don't lose the ticket if the player is revived. So, that could be insentive enough if the team really wants to win
                              |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X