No announcement yet.

BC2 - Headshots - to go for it or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2 - Headshots - to go for it or not?

In BF2 and 2142 I was strongly against aiming for headshots with a normal weapon if the target wasnt completly stationary. I feel in BC2 players going for skilled headshots even in the heat of a battle could be a real benefit for these reasons:

Old BFs:
    - Instaprone
    - instant Crouch/Stand Toggle

BC2:

- No Prone
    - Soft crouch/stand toggle delay

In BC2 the player models donīt seem to like instantly flop into different acrobatic positions to make going for headshots a living hell.

Let me hear your experience values about headshotting people. Please keep it real, no telling dreams.

Re: BC2 - Headshots - to go for it or not?

my initial impresion of the game is go for the headshot
    needs investigation, get gaming !

Comment

Maybe I'm still just getting Call of Duty out of my system, but I've found myself aiming for the head a lot more in BC2 as opposed to, say, 2142. Weapon damage seems low enough that it's often worth the extra effort and as you mentioned the lack of insta-crouch and -prone simplifies things a great deal.

Proud member of the 21st Death Dealers.
      Swift, mobile, on target.

Comment

I'm not skilled enought to actually have thought about that. They just happen for me lol :D

EXCEPT
        Sniperfire = I try the headshot unless - Hardcore is on!
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

I always go for the head shot. By using the AUG in CQC with the accuracy perk and *4 ACOG scope I have a slime chance too hit the head on someone, And by using the AN-94 or the M16 (haven't decided yet which I like the most) with the accuracy perk and *4 ACOG scope I hit the head more often than I miss it when fighting in...hmm...Not CQC.
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I always aim for the head when recon, and managed quite a few head shots with my M24. However, I'm utterly useless with an assault weapon, so I aim primarily for the body if I have an assault rifle. XD
            sigpic

Comment

12-shot Saiga in CQ is defintely worth it to go for headshots. Without headshots, it's usually 1 clip / person. With aiming for the head, I can usually stretch a clip to 3 people. Useful.

Comment

Like any other game: If headshots = faster kills, go for it whenever possible. Of course, if this means you're rollerskating down the street and you happen to see tangos using the crosswalk, you probably want to go with bodyshots.

Comment

Interestingly enough I find getting headshots at medium range to be a sinch. Everyone and their mother is hunkered down behind some piece of wood or masonry, and inevitably the part that always sticks out the most is their head. Even when not able to react fast enough I do tend to aim at the upper body, and recoil often nets me juicy headshots.

In hardcore mode, it's not even worth bothering with headshots unless you like bonus points. Just fire 3-4 bullets in 'em and move on.

And as a sniper, in normal mode headshots are a must, otherwise you will not be able to get a single-shot kill. I have yet to test the M95 with the Magnum bullet upgrade (the amount of dmg this gun does might be able to be beefed this way to a one shot one kill level), but so far even the GOL can't kill in one hit except on wounded enemies or with headshots. In HC mode, anywhere on the body is fine. :P

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I'd say I am working for the headshot 80-90% of the time as recon. I'll go for torso in two situations. If I am acting more as a designated marksman and moving with the squad during an assault, I will just look to at least soften up targets for everyone else to finish off. The other time is if we are getting overrun at a potion and am just trying to do as much damage as possible. But even then I find myself more productive just continuing to spot, tossing motion sensors and calling in mortar strikes.

Comment

In the normal game mode sure and you should. People just take to long to kill otherwise. Harcore is diffrent, to easy to kill people to bother with headshots.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X