Tracer Dart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracer Dart

I'm not seeing dominant vehicles yet. It's early, but the APCs aren't murder machines, the tanks are not death dealers, even the helos seem to be decently powerful without being overpowered. Maybe this will change as we shake the bugs out but I've got to say I think the tracer isn't very useful overall.

I've got the guided AT launcher now, and I'm finding the 1911 way too useful for finishing off enemies to trade for the dart gun at this point. As I climb the medic tree I'll probably pack the dart with an LMG, but as of right now I've got to stick with the actual pistol for Assault, Recon, and yes Engineer. Thoughts?

Re: Tracer Dart

I have to agree with this. With tanks and APCs not taking any real effort to hit with rockets and darting helicopters being a matter of luck more than anything else, it seems to me that you may as well just pack a regular pistol in your loadout unless you're absolutely desperate for those 30 teamwork points.

Proud member of the 21st Death Dealers.
    Swift, mobile, on target.

Comment

While I have to disagree. Been tankwhoring with Zhohar and when you get it right you simply rain death over the other team, both with the heavy and light tank. The only time I felt worried about being killed was when they got a tracer on us and we knew they had 3-4 guys with RPG around nearby. I don't think I ever would pack Engineer without the dart. Instead of one guy showing his beautiful face giving the secondary gunner something to kill you can have 5-6 heck 10!? guys shooting from every possible angle without the tank even seeing them.

And don't forget the wonderful feeling you get when you hit a sniper in the head with a dart and then give him a nice RPG right in the face:D
      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

The reason no vehicle is a murder machine is because none of them have that wonderfully advanced 'insta-gib within blast radius' mortar gun that the APC in 2142 had. Thank god they left that out.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I've only dabbled in armor a little bit so far but I get the impression that the gunner is a more important position than the actual driver. Often the driver isn't racking up kills left and right simply because the visuals in their HUD make it hard to see. I have a ton of trouble just figuring out where my tank shells are falling at distance and the light tanks also make it tough to identify contacts at a distance.

The gunners HUD however is always easier to see and with a zoom you can do major damage with whatever gun your given. I imagine as players learn to coordinate the power of these vehicles will really come out. The gunner can spot or voip targets to the driver and of course a repair monkey is huge.

Oh and... on topic I love the tracer dart.:)
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

The weapon optics upgrade package lets you zoom in on your target even with the main cannon. The picture is still fuzzy but at least you can sort of figure out where the shell will land a bit better.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I play Engy quite often and much like a Master Card, I never leave home without my tracer dart. There is nothing more satisfying than tracing armor/ helo and than having a team member blast them back to hades.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Can someone clarify how the tracer dart/RPG combo works? Is there a lock tone on the RPG launcher? Does it home in without adult supervision?
                aka spartan421
                Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Originally posted by PennyFlame View Post
                  Can someone clarify how the tracer dart/RPG combo works? Is there a lock tone on the RPG launcher? Does it home in without adult supervision?
                  Using RPG scope, aim at orange box. Hold scope on orange box until the range appears below the orange box. Then you may aim your RPG away from the orange box, and the rocket will curve toward it. So trace tank, duck behind wall, switch to RPG, lock onto box, aim straight up, and fire.

Comment

I think tanks and helis are major deal dealers. Just that nobody I've seen so far has master the ability to drive them properly while shooting.

The tracer dart is invaluable when dealing with tanks on a vehicle map. It allows you to hit tanks around walls, over hills, and a lot of other things. Heck, I don't see a reason why you'd need a pistol when you're carrying a SMG that can flatten 2-3 guys at close or long range.

Comment

I just got the improved explosion perk or whatever it's called. And I understand why you don't carry the tracer pistol britt. You simply don't need it for yourself. But I still try too carry the tracer for 1 reason. Even tho I don't need it there is 15 other players on my team that might need a dart to aim at.
                      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Wow apparently I've been using the tracer dart wrong all this time, I thought it supported blind fire right afterwards.

Comment

The only class I would forgive for not carrying the tracer dart is recon with sniper rifle, he actually "needs" his sidearm for protection. Everyone else should be ok with dart.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X