Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flag capping - Do you want to live forever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag capping - Do you want to live forever?

Over the past several days I have noticed a frustrating trend on the conquest server. I think the source is our prior BF2 and 2142 experience.

What happens is two or three squads advance to a point, set up a perimeter outside the cap radius, and then never advance. I just watched a round on the snow map (very linear) where my team engaged in a ranged firefight just outside the cap range of the middle point B. If we as a team had just pushed forward a few yards we would have easily capped the point.

This error in tactics is a carry over from the squad mechanics of previous Battelfield games. In those games you would usually clear a flag of opfor before digging in to cap. That tactic does not work in BC2. Here you need to rush the flag and fight ON the flag. The maps are so small, and respawn so fast, that the team that throws enough bodies fastest onto a flag cap wins.

Holding one member back as a spawn point hinders a squads ability to cap a flag. You need all the possible bodies to cap, and you need all your squad members making sure the squad survives. Travel time is so short, and respawn so fast, that holding one player back as a respawn point is not necessary. In some situations (like running into a full defending squad) not having the fourth player can mean the difference between taking the point or not.

Get on the flag, kill on the flag, cap on the flag. If you are worried about your K/D ratio, you are doing it wrong.

Re: Flag capping - Do you want to live forever?

great post, +rep

Comment

This game is great for those "last Stand" type battles. Whole squad behind some cover firing, tossing med boxes and ammo, slaying bodies. It can be hard for me to rember sometimes that I need to advance. I will try and keep this in mind next time.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

+rep on this one..
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X