Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new tactic -- plant an MCOM then mortar strike it. How to counter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new tactic -- plant an MCOM then mortar strike it. How to counter?

Hooper came up with this tonight. A lot of the MCOM crates are exposed, or can be exposed with a a bit of work. A lot of them can be seen from above, too (some tall ridge.)
    Have a squad rush an MCOM, plant, and let a recon immediately call in a mortar strike on that crate. The defenders can try to disarm, but they'll be killed by the mortar strike. The strike lasts pretty long too, so the defenders never have a free moment to disarm without being killed by the mortars.

This is surprisingly effective. We did it several times tonight, and it worked each time. While I'm glad we won that Valparaiso Rush round ... I'm at a loss how to counter this. Ideas?

Re: Brand new tactic -- plant an MCOM then mortar strike it. How to counter?

My counter to the above was logging off. The defense could be referred to as the "trail of tears", or something similar.

Comment

Now that is a depressed answer o o Didnt occur to me that the tactic is "new" - seems only logical. Arm Mcom > Spam it with whatever you have.

The counter, well. Someone actually HAS to arm it. Donīt let them :)

Comment

Yea. This tactic was used quit often on B1 in the beta and it proved to be just as effective then as you say it is now. Counter? Don't let them get to the crate.
        Last edited by Abel; 03-07-2010, 10:26 AM.
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Instead of arming you can just have 3 guys put their c4 on it and blow it. It's alot faster then arming it and waiting for detonation.
          A Soldier's first battlefield is always his own mind.
          - Admiral Constaza Stark

Comment

One or two good counter snipers could help ease the pain.

Comment

Pulling this out isn't the easiest thing, recon needs clear line of sight to the crate and be unnoticed. Mortar is especially good for this because in order to keep it effective you don't need to watch the crate, and you can be dead too. I don't believe that it is overwhelming way to block disarming though, I remember doing it with help of single medic hub.

Much better way to block disarm is to die onto the crate so those trying to disarm will pick your kit instead, annoying >.>

Comment

plant c4....on M-COm run away....just as effective..but doesn't last as long as the mortar strike....
                as for countering.....just wait for it to disappear...

Comment

I do not know if it's possible, but you could arm, dart the mcom, and shell it with RPG's.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Carl Gustavs might be a better idea, since they have larger splash damage and hurt personnel better.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Ok the gustav is great at killing poeple but I'm sick of the monsterous exagurations about it. The mortar strike is a far better tool for this since on top of being the deadliest weapon around it uses less people which frees up more people to rush to the mcom.

As for a counter, I don't think there is a true counter just prevention. Recons need to get their motion balls out and clear enemy cover with mortars/C4. Assaults need to clear enemy cover with 40mm grenades. Sames goes for engies, clear their cover. I guess the M60 could also clear cover :)
                      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

On a side note.

You can't dart the mcom and lock on with the RPG. Unless they changed it from the beta and if the did they should be punished..
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I think the point with RPG/Gustav was that you need people still watching the crate. I've yet to see mortal strike that has such a impact to the defuse that it would clearly prevent defenders from doing it. Its easy to coordinate and fits teamwork powered squads better than watching the point with those damned blast weapons while trying to stay alive in hostile area.

Comment

Personally I feel if they manage to get the plant off you've failed as a team, its much harder to defuse than it is to plant. The only real counter is prevention of the plant in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                              Personally I feel if they manage to get the plant off you've failed as a team, its much harder to defuse than it is to plant. The only real counter is prevention of the plant in the first place.
                              x2

This is why it's so important to defend in front of the crates. Too many times I see the team behind the crates. You must place your body between the enemy and his objective. If they arm it, then you are the one who has to run in and expose yourself for 5 seconds to defuse it. Don't give up that advantage, don't let them arm the crate.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X