Rush means Rush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush means Rush

not snipe from afar when you're on offense. Tonight on the HC server half the squads sat back and sniped for points on the rush server. I'm the biggest fan of sniping around here - just ask anyone who played BF2 w/ me, but I must say, you cannot win rush if half the team doesn't advance on the targets.

Teams on offense in rush need to:

*push targets quickly from the start - not after sitting on a hill 85% of the game sniping for K/D points because by then it's too late.

*utilize the spawn on anyone to your advantage. If one man can break through to the flank or back then you open up the maps and get new angles on the MCOM - this doesn't work if your squadmates would rather camp a spot on a mountain than spawn on you.

*move up your tanks, apc and put the damn helicopters in the air. This opens holes in the front lines or creates unbalanced defense as defenders flood to the MCOM w/ the action.

*Once you move onto the MCOM don't sit there hoping not to die. Hold that E key and light it up. If you die big deal. It creates a defender shift that can open the other MCOM.

*if you really can't avoid sniping you can do it every other round - it's called DEFENSE.

Oh yeah, shhhh, it's a secret, but I guess I can say: you actually get more points and rank faster by dropping ammo, healing, setting MCOMS, and earning best squad medals, than you do by sitting in a tree.
    Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Re: Rush means Rush

Originally posted by Jusb View Post
    *utilize the spawn on anyone to your advantage. If one man can break through to the flank or back then you open up the maps and get new angles on the MCOM - this doesn't work if your squadmates would rather camp a spot on a mountain than spawn on you.
    This is the most important point, in rush people like to stay back because they're scared of dying, and this is the reason why they shouldn't. The odds of whole squad wiping from machine gun fire are small, and often happen because the team already has been camping back for the whole round (there is no cover left).

There is nothing that annoys me like snipers during the first stage in those big open rush rounds. You have to slowly wait for the attacking team to bleed their tickets while getting killed for the simple fact that their snipers are building their KDs! You really wish snipers could be limited in the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Jusb View Post
      *move up your tanks, apc and put the damn helicopters in the air.
      Especially true in Arica Harbor, 1st set of objectives. Light or heavy, tanks are expendable and easily regained. They can't be used as sniping or killing platforms -- they need to be used to quickly and safely transport people inside the defenders' perimeter.
      Last edited by Zhohar; 03-08-2010, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Keep in mind a lot of people still don't have even the most basic unlocks and are trying to 'level up'. The same problem is found on both game-modes: Flag Capping: Do you want to live forever?.

Comment

I think in a weeks time when people have most things unlocked allowing for a wider variety in kit loadouts this will stop. Right now everyone is just trying to get the optomized gear layout for themselves.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm surprised Reaper hasn't said anything in here yet.

Last night on Rush we either lost or won only by fluke because the vast majority of our team refused to push. I know Reaper can be abrasive in his comments but they were totally valid all around last night. People need to stop sitting on their ass and padding their stats and get into the action and play the objective.

In 2142, even a person with no unlocks was expected to play the objective. Pick up someone else's kit, and get your ass in there.

Several times that night it felt like we were the only ones doing anything. I regret being unable to speak (mic issues) because I really was just as upset with the amount of inaction on the part of our team on offense.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

The most aggravating thing that can happened on a rush rounds is when one squad breaks trough and attracts 10 enemy's attention in the back of the map, manage to stay alive for several minutes and when they die they feel like it doesn't matter because the the other should have pushed up be now and be sitting on the crates. OR have they? of curse not. They haven't moved an inch! Since they want to protect their KD..
              Last edited by Abel; 03-08-2010, 12:24 PM.
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Had a great time on Rush last night... that map with the hill-island and you attack with jetski's and two blackhawks? anyway - A was down and we were stalled attacking B. After about 10 minutes of grinding, I made a run at B from the south beach area... got to the crate and there was suddenly no defenders - guess they all got pulled away to get flankers? Anyway I set the charge, ran over to some cover by the stairs, naded a few defenders coming to disarm and gunned a couple more... then i got shot... but the crate blew and we moved to the next section! we didn't blow either of the next two crates, but it was a hell of a rush being the man for your team - setting the charge and living to tell about it.

Comment

I am a fan of the snipers I will admit. However they need to serve their purpose. If you are going to sit in the back you need to be "Q" spotting everything you see. That way the guys up front can get a better picture of how the battlefield is changing around them. If you dont do that you are letting your team down and destroying any advantadge of having long range optics.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

What I do all the time, my Q button may brake at this rate. :) I also noticed that you get "Spotting assist points"? but I'm sure it was phrased differently.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I have some patience....to a point. People who've played BF for years played Conquest for years....and Rush is not Conquest. When defending on Rush you can play for kills and take the Attackers tickets, but when you're on offense you have to blow crates. Killing the defenders may have tactical effect by clearing the crate so you can arm it, but it has no strategic effect. When attacking, killing defenders is the means, not the end. In Conquest having a negative KDR hurts your team because you're costing more tickets then you gain. In Rush, while the attackers should not be wasteful with their limited tickets, there are times when you have to stand in the door of a room and fire your guns until they bring you down because you need to buy 5 seconds for the crate to go past the point of no return. Similarly, when a crate is armed every attacker should immediately push in on it. The whole team should be nading, rocketing, shooting at that live crate to kill the defenders as they disarm. If it goes to final countdown with no defenders disarming it, then congratulations, you won. Move to the other crate quickly, before the whole defending team sets up on it. Rush is perfectly named. It's all about speed, and all about focusing the whole team on one objective. Personally I think BC2 is all about Rush. Conquest doesn't really work 16 v 16, at least on any map worth being called a Conquest map. Rush just fits better, IMO.

Comment

I wish there was a way to limit classes. Anyways, there are a few problems:

1. No VOIP in game
                        2. No Team voip
                        3. You can only type like 40 characters in chat...rofl

Problems now that will be solved later:

People grinding for unlocks
                        People grinding for exp

Its not just "them" either. I see plenty of TG people staying back and not contributing. Everyone needs to communicate. Just because they are pubs doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to them. At the very least, you have to try.

By now we should be seeing some people unlock everything who are roughly level 23.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          Had a great time on Rush last night... that map with the hill-island and you attack with jetski's and two blackhawks? anyway - A was down and we were stalled attacking B. After about 10 minutes of grinding, I made a run at B from the south beach area... got to the crate and there was suddenly no defenders - guess they all got pulled away to get flankers?
                          There were defenders Whiskey, you just kept outgunning me ;)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                            I wish there was a way to limit classes.
                            afaik, restricting classes on the servers is a violation of the Terms Of Acceptable Use Policy that EA has.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                              afaik, restricting classes on the servers is a violation of the Terms Of Acceptable Use Policy that EA has.
                              So much for that then ahaha.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X