Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secrets of Q-spotting - how to activate magical-floating-red-triangles-of-DOOM!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secrets of Q-spotting - how to activate magical-floating-red-triangles-of-DOOM!

What is the most effective way to Q-spot?

I noticed that unlike with previous BF titles, with one press of the Q button, you can light up multiple targets... though I'm not exactly sure how. I think you press and sweep the cross-hair a bit? It only seems to work like this on distant targets?

Anyone know what the cool down rate is? i.e. you can't just spam Q constantly - how many presses before it starts ignoring you?

Do q-hits and q-misses both count towards your q-spam-limit? or just misses?

Re: Secrets of Q-spotting - how to activate magical-floating-red-triangles-of-DOOM!

I may be wrong, of course, but it seemed to me that Q-spots only worked when you were in a squad and can only be seen by squadmates. When I did a solo-run as a sniper, the Q-spotting did not seem to have any effect.

Comment

Re: Secrets of Q-spotting - how to activate magical-floating-red-triangles-of-DOOM!

Q spotting works dependent on your cross hair (or center of screen). You can Q spot with almost anything: ADS, gun, shotguns, RPGs, tracer darts, in a vehicle, in the air, while parachuting, driving a car, eating a sandwich.

Q spotting will reveal the target (Tanks, UAV, people, Quads, Heli) to your entire team, not just your squad. Q spotting a target that is destroyed will give you +20 points.

Q spotting single targets only require you to have positive line of sight on any part of the target's body. This means you can clearly see the target from your position. Having a 12x scope makes it easier to Q spot (see further and more accurately). You will not be able to Q spot a target who is running through trees far away enough to only make out "movement" unless you can zoom in on the target.

Q spotting multiple targets requires you to not be scoped in on a individual target. Instead, you only need to point in the general direction of several targets usually within several millimeters (cross hairs need not be on the middle target, or on any of those targets).

Q spotting locks up when you "spam" the Q key several times without bringing up active targets. If you are successful when Q spotting, you can keep spotting new targets until you run out of targets.

A Q spotted target will disappear after several seconds (I dont know what the numbers are or care to test, but it lasts around 5-6 seconds). If the target gets behind cover, the triangle will disappear after 3 seconds or less.

The sniper has a Spotting Scope that is supposed to auto-spot for you when you aim at people. This scope is useless because you can simply hit Q to spot anyways (my opinion). It also does not work as well as using Q to spot.

You can use the triangle to adjust your sniping on long distance targets where bullet drop is a factor.

Comment

Sniper Spotting scope field notes. Use a silenced sniper rifle if following this guy's advice.

Comment

I believe the spotting scope only works up to 75m so its kinda pointless having it TBH.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I might add that ninja-spotting is a great way to farm points. See friendlies and enemies engaged in CQC or at mid-range? Q-spot spam the enemy units and watch the +20s roll in. :P

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by Pistolfied View Post
              I believe the spotting scope only works up to 75m so its kinda pointless having it TBH.
              I read this somewhere too. Either way, spotting scope is the lazy man's way of Q spotting.

Comment

I know in the BETA you could tag units unscope from you sniper rifle very far away. Now with the release your zoom also affects how well you can target. No more auto targets on Port Valadez.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X