Rush Tactic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Tactic

I've seen this happen a number of times. Some buildings can be knocked down to destroy the mcom. At first I thought it was limited to buildings were the mcom was on the 2nd floor, but through observation I've found that buildings without distructable roofs also can be brought down to take out the mcom. Now this is limited as mcoms in the open or in some of the warehouses that cant be brought down cant be destroyed this way. All it would really take is a squad of three engineers and one assualt with ammo packs and I belive most buildings could be dropped with in two to three minutes without the server ticket loss normal taken when assualting an mcom station.

Re: Rush Tactic

It works well, I think you only need a three or four C4 detpacks to bring down a house if you place them correctly. But after the PS3 beta, I think they designed the MCOMs so that at least one on every stage is in a building that can't collapse. Someone should check on an empty server how much C4 it takes to raze a house.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I saw this last night on a pub server where one or more of the MCOMs were taken down with the user of mortar.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

One thing that I tried awhile back was using mortars. Get 2 snipers and have them take up a perch and alternate mortar stikes on the building. Then you have assault guys rush in between strikes and plant the charge then pull security. So now the other team is faced with a rock and a hard place scenario. Do they try and avoide the mortars and the assualt guys pulling security around the MCOM and try and defuse it? Or just let it go up and try again on the next one.

This tactic provides a solid backup plan should one or the other fail. If the charge is defused the building will be coming down soon. So far for me it has worked fairly well, as long as you can keep your team from chasing people into the mortar area. :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Nelson Bay is especially ripe for building dropping, so much so that I think the primary method should be using engi rockets and mortar strikes. You can take down both crates on Stage 1, and B on Stage 2. Done right, it saves a very great deal of tickets. More importantly, one Assault and one Engi can take down 2B by themselves while the rest of the team heads for 2A.

Comment

Actually to build on the point here: Any MCOMM that can be destroyed by blowing the building up should be done that way. Or any MCOMM that can be exposed to RPG/Rocket fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
              Nelson Bay is especially ripe for building dropping, so much so that I think the primary method should be using engi rockets and mortar strikes. You can take down both crates on Stage 1, and B on Stage 2. Done right, it saves a very great deal of tickets. More importantly, one Assault and one Engi can take down 2B by themselves while the rest of the team heads for 2A.
              Same goes for point A on the first stage of Arica Harbor, and point B on the second stage of that map. They can easily be brought down by long-distance shelling by armor.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I am actually curious of testing a tactic on one of these buildings. Get a recon guy in there to put in C4 while a other squad holds it down as security. Since we use TS3, the recon runs out and waits at a safe spot. In the case of the security detail being killed off, the recon is notified and blows his C4, demolishing the building and killing off anyone lucky to be in there.

It is meant as a fall back tactic, though the recon with the C4 has to be kept safe and be smart enough to run away once the fun starts.
                Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
                All in one package.
                The most obvious though is death.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...