"Recon" As an assest to your team.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Recon" As an assest to your team.

Now let me start by saying that if you like to hang in the back with your l337 5n1p3r 5k1ll5 just stop and get off the server. Seriously your not that effective and 9 times out of 10 you teammates are cursing your name. What I would like to discuss is effect recon tactics.

Tactic 1 Marksmen
    Notice I said marksmen and not sniper. The diffrence being a marksmen moves with his squad, providing support threw effective fire and firesupport. In this role you are the anchor of your squad. You will move up to a defensiblle position allowing your fellow squad members to use you as a spawn point. While doing this you will cover that advance with effective rifle fire and mortar support with use of the binocs. Once you squad has taken a position you will again move up and repeat the process. This can easily be used in a defensive posture. Alwoing you fellow squad mebers to spawn off you advance and meat the enemy.

Tactic 2
    Rusher
    As the name suggest this is a better fit for the rush type maps. The player will want to use a shotgun or if lucky enough to have it the thompson submachine gun. C4 Will be of better use that mortars in the this case. Instead of sitting back you will be taking over the assualt role in the squad and leading the charge. With ether the thompson or shotgun you will be the king of cqb allowing you squad to get in for the plant. You can also use C4 To cover the mcom, and or if need to assualt enemy armour direct.

If you all have any ideas please add to them.

Re: "Recon" As an assest to your team.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...r-tactics.html

Also may be relevant.
    He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

I'll add one thing: get your balls out (and everyone's head out of the gutter). The motion balls are key to making assaults work or clearing an area or avoiding enemies all together.
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

^I second this.

We all love your balls so lets see them now!
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

For the marksman role either the Snaiperskaya or the GOL with 4x zoom and ceramic armor is great. Your accuracy at mid-range will be fantastic and you'll be able to take a few more hits if surprised.

If you're really cocky you could switch to the SVU and magnum bullets, but expect to die easily.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I with all the people who want more ball action!

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

I have balls for everyone ! Single round - basically spied on half the enemy team while they gave their last breath.

Yap thats 9 BigBrother Pins

Comment

I've just been playing the rusher role to grind points with Recon. I have the Thompson and nothing else unlock so I just storm in, die, repeat.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

That's probably not a good thing for your team.

Comment

MW2 style ftw ? :)

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                      Now let me start by saying that if you like to hang in the back with your l337 5n1p3r 5k1ll5 just stop and get off the server. Seriously your not that effective and 9 times out of 10 you teammates are cursing your name. What I would like to discuss is effect recon tactics.

Tactic 1 Marksmen
                      Notice I said marksmen and not sniper. The diffrence being a marksmen moves with his squad, providing support threw effective fire and firesupport. In this role you are the anchor of your squad. You will move up to a defensiblle position allowing your fellow squad members to use you as a spawn point. While doing this you will cover that advance with effective rifle fire and mortar support with use of the binocs. Once you squad has taken a position you will again move up and repeat the process. This can easily be used in a defensive posture. Alwoing you fellow squad mebers to spawn off you advance and meat the enemy.

Tactic 2
                      Rusher
                      As the name suggest this is a better fit for the rush type maps. The player will want to use a shotgun or if lucky enough to have it the thompson submachine gun. C4 Will be of better use that mortars in the this case. Instead of sitting back you will be taking over the assualt role in the squad and leading the charge. With ether the thompson or shotgun you will be the king of cqb allowing you squad to get in for the plant. You can also use C4 To cover the mcom, and or if need to assualt enemy armour direct.

If you all have any ideas please add to them.
                      I agree with you. For all those that like to stay back and take out targets at long range, great, your not doing a whole lot other than increase your own score. And sure those are two good tactics. However, heres another. Instead of getting right up on the flag with your squad, do this. WITH YOUR SQUAD (the with your squad is key) hang back a little bit providing cover fire from preferrably an elevated position. From there you can spot enemy units and call them out. You can use your mortar more effectivley and provide a good spawn point reletively close to the flag. Then, once your squad takes the position and moves on, you go with them, dont sit around waiting for something.
                      "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those that do not..."
                      -Thomas Jefferson-
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by surfish95747 View Post
                        Instead of getting right up on the flag with your squad, do this. WITH YOUR SQUAD (the with your squad is key) hang back a little bit providing cover fire from preferrably an elevated position. From there you can spot enemy units and call them out. You can use your mortar more effectivley and provide a good spawn point reletively close to the flag. Then, once your squad takes the position and moves on, you go with them, dont sit around waiting for something.
                        This probably sums up best how to be most effective at Recon from my experience playing. You need to be pretty aggressive to be successful in this game, and it's tough to do much more than harass as an individual if you keep yourself too far out of the fight.
                        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Only someone who can down people consistently with a sniper rifle (eg. Land 95% of their shots, with at least 1 of 4 being a headshot), should be sitting in the back (this means last, not far away) calling in mortar strikes and throwing motion mines to cover the close up front if any. Since Recons are the only ones who can use a sniper rifle, they should take advantage of this fact. Instead of the thompson, use the VSS fully automatic silenced sniper rifle if you anticipate going into the fight. It comes with a scope so you can carry extra grenades or something. Thompson is good too, but I think the VSS is more effective all around for the class.

Comment

From the one round I used the VSS, my assessment was that it is absolutely awful unless you can consistently headshot people at medium range in the space of a few seconds until they realize whats happening and light you up.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                              From the one round I used the VSS, my assessment was that it is absolutely awful unless you can consistently headshot people at medium range in the space of a few seconds until they realize whats happening and light you up.
                              Guess it depends. VSS does more damage, is silenced, and has better range (scope does allow for headshots). The only downside is that has a 20 round magazine compared to say, Thompson's 30. But it also does approximately twice the amount of damage a Thompson does, so they even out in terms of rounds/damage. That leaves the advantage of silence and a built in scope on the VSS, compared to crosshairs for hip firing with the thompson.

The VSS is still better designed as a burst auto weapon and not a spray and pray gun. In all practical use as a recon class that is engaging close targets, it is still more stealthy which is why I'd prefer it over a thompson (and the zoom factor is a huge benefit).

The other thing is that the semiauto-shotguns are perfect to compliment the other side of playing recon close up and personal. If I needed to engage with hip fire, I'd go with a shotgun instead of a thompson and leave ranged combat to the VSS. The VSS is very accurate spray at the hip too, within 10m.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X