Difference in Rocket Launchers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in Rocket Launchers?

After unlocking all the rocket launchers for engineer, i was wondering if there is actually a difference between them? I know that the AT4 is laser guided, but is there a difference between the RPG and the Carl? And is there a damage difference between them?

Re: Difference in Rocket Launchers?

RPG-7 is better for anti-tank, Gustav is better for anti-personnel is basically how it works out.

Comment

The CG is a lot faster then the RPG too.

Personally for me it's CG for anti inf, AT4 for anti armor/heli.

Comment

The RPG is best utilized against buildings and armor, although it does a pretty good job of blowing people up too.

The Gustav is an anti-personnel rocket, with large splash damage.

The AT4 is somewhere between the two, and uses it's own built-in guiding system as opposed to the laser dart lock-on.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Personally I think the Carl Gustaf is the best AT launcher simply because of it's speed. It may not do the most damage against tanks but it still does a considerable amount that isn't much lower than that of the RPG's or the AT4's.

I find the AT4 isn't all that great simply because the missile travels too slowly and isn't very maneuverable, I'd rather have a tracer dart.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I was under the impression that Carl Gustavs were better against buildings than the RPG, and that the AT4 had a pretty insane damage against vehicles.
            He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

RPG: the best anti-ground-vehicle rocket launcher. A lot of damage, locks to tracer darts. Cannot be guided, and reloads slowly.

Carl Gustav: less damage than RPG, but faster flight. This makes it OK against flying armor. I haven't had much luck with it against ground armor: even with improved explosions, I don't do nearly enough damage to be a threat to tanks. It's funny to use it against snipers and other infantry, but that's not a very efficient way to get kills.

AT4: slow flight, RPG-level damage, but can be guided. Extremely useful on rush maps for taking down the defender's choppers. I've had good luck shooting down enemy Apaches with it.

Comment

Map-based, basically. On maps with that are primarily infantry-based, go with the Gustav. When you have lots of armor, pack a tracer dart and an RPG. AT4 seems to be the closest an engineer will get to having an anti-air weapon. Use it for that annoying-ass chopper on that one winter map with the oil pipeline.

Comment

Which one is best for CQB though. I seem to constantly come around a corner, face to face with a rocket guy, and he fires it at my feet. It's amazing technology as it seems to only kill me and leaves him unscathed. Brilliant.

Comment

The Gustav is built for killing infantry and blowing up buildings (large splash radius). If you're wanting to launch rockets at people, you'll perform the best with that.

Comment

Cool guys good to know

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

I don't know what i am doing wrong guys, but nether my RPG-7 or M2-CG are hitting targets marked with tracer darts. Do i have to link them first some how or what? Please help
                        sigpic

Comment

I had some fun with the AT-4 today, some notes:

Has almost no splash damage.
                          A direct hit to either an MCOM or an enemy vehicle does a nice chunk of damage. (1/3 off a MBT with a frontal shot, 5 hits to take out an MCOM)
                          Can be guided simply by holding the mouse button down after firing and keeping your crosshair on target. Can also be dummy-fired.
                          Has the fastest reload time out of the three launchers.
                          Does pitiful damage to buildings, even with the explosive upgrade. No matter what or where I fired at, it only would take out one section of wall.
                          Similar to the Sudnik from 2142 in terms of handling, although projectile is somewhat slower.
                          Gravity drop on dumb-fired shots is somewhere between that of the RPG and the Gustav.
                          Does not require tracer-dart lock-on, so you are free to carry a sidearm.

Final verdict: Kelvin approves.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                            I don't know what i am doing wrong guys, but nether my RPG-7 or M2-CG are hitting targets marked with tracer darts. Do i have to link them first some how or what? Please help
                            Now this depends on how long you are holding the crosshairs on the enemy armor thats targeted. You cant just zoom in on the targeted armor that has been traced and shoot that second, you have to zoom in and wait a couple of seconds for your missile to get a lock. Thats when you fire and it will track :)

Comment

I hear people say the AT4 is good against aircraft, but I haven't had much luck with shooting down choppers with them at all. I find the choppers are simply too fast most of the time, and the fact I have no reference points (for infantry and tanks you can use the buildings around the targets as reference points or even point at the ground at your target's feet or something, but the air is really quite... empty) makes it really hard for me to effectively guide the missile to the chopper. Most of the time it'll turn or something and I've just wasted a missile that would have been much better spent taking down a tank.

Is there a magic trick I should know about?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X