Stacking of Vehicle Specializations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacking of Vehicle Specializations

So, of course you know: All of the armored vehicles have 2 seats, and each person can bring their own spec. to the party. However, not all of these can stack. Here's the list, according to information from testing and the BFBC2 community.

Only works for Driver:
    Alternate fire
    Smoke Launchers
    Optics

Only works for User:
    Improved Reload Speed

Works regardless of seating:
    Improved Armor
    Improved Warheads
    Electronic Warfare Package

The Alt/Smoke/Optics specializations do not work together because they are only able to be activated by the driver using right click. Even if the driver doesn't have one of these on, and his gunner brings one, he can't use it.
    If you want Alt/Smoke/Optics, the driver has to bring it.

The Reloading specialization only works for the player with it equipped; if the secondary gunner has it equipped, they benefit, while the driver does not.
    Last edited by Celestial1; 03-15-2010, 07:52 PM.

Re: Stacking of Vehicle Specializations

The perk that you have to click too use is a driver perk. I always bring armor perk when I'm secondary gunner in a tank so the driver can use the optic, warfare or reload perk instead since me using the warhead don't help him out at all..
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
      The perk that you have to click too use is a driver perk. I always bring armor perk when I'm secondary gunner in a tank so the driver can use the optic, warfare or reload perk instead since me using the warhead don't help him out at all..
      Have you tested this out, have a source, or this assumption?

I don't doubt it's probably right, but I'd just like to keep it to Confirmed-Unconfirmed statuses.

Comment

Do stack:
        Electronic Warfare Package
        Improved Armor
        Improved Warheads

Tested and you can most likely find this from EA BFBC2 forums too. Other specializations that do not stack will be turned into one of these (or they're all turned into Electronic Warfare Package, haven't seen them turn into anything else)

I cannot confirm reload speed, I've not heard nor tested it, I would expect it to be driver only though.

Comment

Reload speed only affects the person carrying it.

It's what I carry almost all the time, and the main driver gets no benefit when I am gunning with that perk. On the other hand, it does speed up the spammability of the gunner seat on the attack chopper, as well as quicken the reload of the missile on the UAV.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

List updated with new input, categories separated for better recognition.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Comment

What I want to know is if the reload option works for the UAV as well

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                Based on the scheme from other vehicles, it should.
                But since it's not 'ammo' it's support, like mortars, I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                  Every vehicle specialization works with UAV also, reload cuts off the time between missiles by 25%, I'd recommend taking more damage over it, as advantage with missiles isn't as major (you may be able to kill more people before they respawn and start shooting their hate into the sky tho)

Comment

I noticed as well that if someone has stayed in the vehicle, the bonus stays. I was alone in a vehicle and I had the scanner up and a machine gun and together with my armor. So they definately stay on the vehicle.
                    Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
                    All in one package.
                    The most obvious though is death.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxWolf =*45*= View Post
                      I noticed as well that if someone has stayed in the vehicle, the bonus stays. I was alone in a vehicle and I had the scanner up and a machine gun and together with my armor. So they definately stay on the vehicle.
                      ...Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Woah, woah. This changes everything. I'll have to test this.

Comment

I feel that you can get about any good perk into the APCs, like the warhead package for driver, the reload for gunner, armor for passnenger A, and EWP for passenger 2
                        Anyone try this set up? I think it'd work better once we get IGVOIP
                        sigpic
                        <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Originally posted by FoxWolf =*45*= View Post
                          I noticed that I had "scanner" around my armor even though I had extra armor equipped and no gunner, waiting for your test Celestial, even if this seems something that might get patched out.

Comment

You always get the scanner for some reason, don't know if it was intended or some bug..
                            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

no thoughts on my idea?
                              sigpic
                              <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X