The Flashbang Effect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flashbang Effect

What is the "Flashbang Effect"? It's what happens when explosive stuff explodes in a player's immediate area, rendering the player somewhat disoriented with poor vision and hearing and probably blood on their screen. It has obvious tactical applications but just now did I consider its use in that manner. Maybe someone knows the range at which this would effect a person? Storming a house or climbing a ladder to the 3rd floor to clear out a building could be made easier if preceded by a grenade toss not necessarily intended to kill but to render temporarily less combat effective.
    aka spartan421
    Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Re: The Flashbang Effect

Im not sure how this type of effect would work. Of course the grenade is a great distraction.. Forcing whomever to run away.. or killing/wounding them. Maybe Smoke would have an effect like you want, but for all involved parties..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Doesn't work here. When a grenade goes off, it doesn't disorient a player. Even if they're standing just close to the grenade to not die, but to be critically wounded because of it, their screen doesn't even wobble slightly. Their screen doesn't even get bloodied/reddened enough to obstruct their vision.

Only worth using grenades for damage.

Comment

Stuff like exploding barrels, tank shells, and c4 all do have this effect though, as do mortar strikes and the explosion of the 40mm.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

It's never affected me unless I was killed. /shrug

Even if it does, it'd be hard to get a proper storm-and-clear going while doing so because it's not very substantial (the effect, I'm sure, goes away very quickly), and it's hard to time it right for it to affect them (without affecting yourself as well) long enough to get what you need done.

And, even with all that... I've yet to be phased; going with that it actually does rock your screen and whatnot, it's not enough for a player like myself to be disoriented.

Comment

It might be dependant on how high your settings are?

Comment

Could be. I'm running on Dx9 and medium, that could explain why I'm not affected.

Comment

While we're on the subject, has anyone noticed that while you're getting shot you kind of get 'nailed' in place? I've found that once I start getting hit by bullets I get forcibly held in place by them hitting me. It also generally causes my sights to fly around erratically, making it almost impossible to return fire accurately.

Does everyone else experience this too?

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                  While we're on the subject, has anyone noticed that while you're getting shot you kind of get 'nailed' in place? I've found that once I start getting hit by bullets I get forcibly held in place by them hitting me. It also generally causes my sights to fly around erratically, making it almost impossible to return fire accurately.

Does everyone else experience this too?
                  Yes, I also experience this. I don't really mind the 'nailed in place' effect. Mainly because most people seem to be able to zero in on my head with little or no effort, dropping me with just a couple rounds. But, the bouncing sites is extremely annoying. Especially when I come across someone like me that can't aim worth squat and I actually have a chance.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X