Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to lead a target with the Tracer Dart

Please...I have seen this too often
    The tracer dart has its advantages in that it fly relatively straight and true...
    What it can't do is instaneously hit a target...

So when you are shooting at a moving vehicle....whether it be tank or plane....

1.) Mentally draw a line in the path the the vehicle is moving (WAIT for the moment that the vehicle moves in a relatively straight line)
    2.) Move your dart reticule ahead of the vehicle along that imaginary line and "lead" the target appropriately
    3.) If the vehicle is moving faster...move your reticule further ahead of the vehicle

You will need to get very comfortable with the speed of the tracer bullet.....

it takes practice practice practice....

Re: Learning to lead a target with the Tracer Dart

Originally posted by DocGuo View Post
    Please...I have seen this too often
    The tracer dart has its advantages in that it fly relatively straight and true...
    What it can't do is instaneously hit a target...

So when you are shooting at a moving vehicle....whether it be tank or plane....

1.) Mentally draw a line in the path the the vehicle is moving (WAIT for the moment that the vehicle moves in a relatively straight line)
    2.) Move your dart reticule ahead of the vehicle along that imaginary line and "lead" the target appropriately
    3.) If the vehicle is moving faster...move your reticule further ahead of the vehicle

You will need to get very comfortable with the speed of the tracer bullet.....

it takes practice practice practice....
    Yes I know how that is. It's hard to lead the target. I have only once hit a chopper before with the tracer and only then was the chopper standing practicaly still.
    Foxwolves or folves for short are very versatile. Sniper, engineer, soldier, strategist, medic, commando.
    All in one package.
    The most obvious though is death.

Comment

The tracer is a very slow projectile causing for a need for huge lead... with huge lead, there is a smaller window to fire and hit your target.

It's more luck than it is experience at this point. We've got to give people some time to adjust.

Comment

I always run out of darts whenever I try this with a chopper, gaaaa!!

Then again, I did hit a moving blackhawk and it was awesome, but it really should give you double points for darting aircraft.

Comment

Anyone know how fast a tracer dart moves in meters/sec?
          aka spartan421
          Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

I've stopped trying to hit choppers. You may as well win the lotto.

Comment

If nothing else USE the AT4 when under 100 m next to the chopper....if you are farther away...just aim the AT4 so as to scare the chopper off.....a chopper that has to duck and weave has little time to worry about getting his secondary gunner in position to fire on targets....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X