Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Squad Formations

Possible Squad Formations

Not sure this will work in bc2 since most of it seems like run and gun game play to me but here goes. Note: This requires 1 person acting as squad leader and voip or ts3 comms. Visual sight distance between is denoted by ----------- or |(vertical line), and that which will not get your whole squad killed by 1 hand grenade. As a general rule, more distance between squad mates in open ground and less in dense terrain. Keep in mind that you have to be close enough to provide rapid cover fire for revives and to be able to revive. And should a situation occur where all the medics die, then it depends on whether or not you can hold out till they respawn on you, the survivors, or if you chance it and get a fallen medic kit to revive with. One final note, these formation are not meant for people seeking individual scores, but for team work toward overall victory.
    1). Box Formation: to advance to contact and push through a defense line, or patrol/guard an area. 1-2 (Assault), 2-3 (Medic), if open terrain armor map then 1 (Engineer) optional.
    Medic-----------Assault
    | |
    Assault/ Medic (Squad Leader)
    Medic/
    Engineer

This formation would generally be hard to kill due to the number of medics and their placement in the formation. Only 1 medic should be reviving at a time while the rest provide cover fire.

2). Trail or Column Formation: to advance through a defense line undetected, or patrol an area. 1 (Sniper), 2 (Medic), 1 (Assault), if open terrain armor map then 1-2 (Engineers). 1st engineer replaces 1 medic, if 2nd engineer, then replaces 1 assault.

Assault/ or 2nd engineer (Point man )
    |
    Medic/ or 1st engineer
    |
    Medic
    |
    Sniper (Spawn point & Squad Leader)

The idea here is to provide a narrow front to the enemy in order to reduce possibility of detection while passing their defense line. In a patrol situation, it is designed to proved reaction time to the squad members behind the point man. The sniper’s primary function is to act as a spawn point and provide over watch from the back as much as possible depending on terrain. If only 1 medic then medic’s first duty is to keep the sniper alive. If this formation comes under contact then the squad leader should change formations to Line/Hold the Line, Box, or fall back in Trail/Column Formation. If falling back in Trail/Column Formation, then leapfrog method is used to get out of it by moving backward from the way you came. I.e. All squad members fire at attackers, Assault/2nd Engineer (point man) fires a few rounds, falls back behind Sniper to provide cover fire…then Medic/1st Engineer falls back behind Assault/2nd Engineer and provides cover, then 2nd Medic in line falls back behind Medic/1st Engineer…repeat down the squad till out of danger per squad leader. The Sniper before he falls back can throw a snitch ball forward to see if enemy are pursuing.

3). Line/Hold the Line Formation: to advance to or react to contact with maximum fire power forward. Generally speaking, this is a secondary formation employed by the squad leader after contact has been made and he/she has determined that fighting is the best or only hope, i.e. changing from a Box or Line/Column formation upon contact. If the squad leader is using this as a primary formation to attack the enemy along a wide front, then here is a suggested formation and make up. 1 (Medic) 3 (Assault), if open armor terrain map then 1-2 Engineers to replace assaults, optional.

Assault-----------Assault(Squad Leader)-----------Medic-----------Assault

Or

Engineer/Assault-----------Assault (Squad Leader)-----------Medic¬¬-----------Engineer

The idea behind only 1 Medic is that the assaults will lay out 40mm and rounds while the medic suppresses with LMG and revives as needed. In the case of armor, the engineers do the same thing as assaults but with RPGs/RRs etcs.

4). Fire Support Team: to provide overwatch and indirect/direct fire support to advancing forces. 2 (Snipers) 1 (Medic) 1 (Assault).

Sniper-----------Sniper (Squad Leader)
    |
    Assault
    |
    Medic (Spawn Point)

Sniper (Squad Leader) chooses the location to provide fire support from. They use mortar(Indirect fire) and rounds (Direct fire) to cover advancing forces. The assault provides security to the snipers and ammo. The Medic , which is further back, provides spawn point, heals and revives as needed, plus addition rear security. Since the Medic is back a little from the snipers, even if there is a mortar attack on the sniper spot, the Medic should still be able to survive the mortar strike and can revive after the strike, if there is time, or be used as spawn point. Again, this is about constant, sustained fire support, and as such the snipers should be raining down hell with plenty of ammo from the Assault, if they die, that’s what the Medic is for.

Just some ideas I thought I would post. Again, not sure if this would work in bc2 as mention at the beginning. These are only some suggestions I thought of while watching how things were being played out on the serves.

Rodeo_01

Re: Possible Squad Formations

TL;DR.

I personally like the 'rush-in-and-fire-bullets-until-you-die' method that everyone else uses.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I have yet to see a better setup than this:

Recon packing C4, shotgun or other CQC weapon, and motion balls.

Assault with grenade spam and ammo.

Medic with automatic death dispenser (M60).

Engineer with RPG and UMP.

This squad can deal with anything the game throws at them. They destroy anyone that dares get close, and their medium range killing capability is overpowered. Armor does not stand a chance, and clearing or defending flags is a snap with motion balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Amplitudo View Post

This squad can deal with anything the game throws at them. They destroy anyone that dares get close, and their medium range killing capability is overpowered. Armor does not stand a chance, and clearing or defending flags is a snap with motion balls.
        I second this.. It's just a killer setup for any situation..
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Not a fan of this setup, but yes it works well

Comment

Sounds cool but things just happen too fast most of the time. The medic might get wasted first, creating problems for the rest of the squad for example. People would need to constantly switch kits to fit the ideal squad profile when encountering different situations, which usually means getting killed first. In order to employ these formations the entire squad would have to have devoted to memory the reasons for these formations and each member's role and position in the squad. Squad members would have to be very disciplined. Squad leaders would need god like levels of intuition and initiative to assign kits and formations at different points of the battle, these points probably occuring every 15 or 20 seconds. These tactics and ideas cannot be transmitted in an easy to understand manner when leading the ad hoc groups of people you usually find in your squad. Your squad still stands a very good chance of getting wiped out by a disorganized mob hitting you from unknown directions despite your noble efforts at organization. This stuff obviously works in real life but in digital land people don't need to react with common sense and they usually are not afraid to die. It's also a lot easier to be aware of your surroundings and you have a better field of view and command of your senses in the real world. You do not hit a magical wall at the edges of your map in the real world. I feel like I'm rambling now.
            aka spartan421
            Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

I totally agree...

1 of everything...your squad is perfect...enough said....sure you can try more specific squad formations for specific maneuvers...but if you want to be the squad that can do anything....
              well...it's not hard to see why dice made the types of kits the way they are....

Comment

This would be the ideal setup i think too!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X