Squad deathmatch tips, tricks, tactics and more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad deathmatch tips, tricks, tactics and more

What are some things everyone takes into account while playing squad deathmatch? Post your tips, tricks and tactics.

Re: Squad deathmatch tips, tricks, tactics and more

I usually just like to try to hold a small area of the map, like a house. The most successes I've had in a good squads came when we basically held a two story house and racked up kills as the other squads tried to assault our position, or exposed themselves in any way. At least until it collapses. Obviously this could lead to a stand-off, but it almost always works out that most people are impatient enough that they'll take the bait. Your mileage may vary on a TG server, but on a pub this is a decent tactic.

I find the IFV is usually more of a curse than a blessing, as it's usually tagged and taken down within a minute or two of being claimed. Last time I played with some friends, we just let the other teams have it. There was at least once where we RPG'ed it when all 4 members of a squad had spawned into it, and a couple other times where we got two or three players in it with an RPG.

In terms of squad makeup, it's always good to have at least one person w/ a tracer dart for the IFV, one engineer, a medic, and a couple of assaults. Assault class is bar none the best inf. vs. inf. fighting class in the game. I don't see a huge role for recon in this mode, even for their mortar strikes.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
      I usually just like to try to hold a small area of the map, like a house. The most successes I've had in a good squads came when we basically held a two story house and racked up kills as the other squads tried to assault our position, or exposed themselves in any way. At least until it collapses. Obviously this could lead to a stand-off, but it almost always works out that most people are impatient enough that they'll take the bait. Your mileage may vary on a TG server, but on a pub this is a decent tactic.
      Did this today pub raiding with Sproge, LordKelvin and Zantheus. Must say that is worked like charm. We just switched buildings when the one we were using had too much holes in it. On the map with no buildings and jungle terrain we held the "B" -site hill with a same tactic fairly well.

I find the IFV is usually more of a curse than a blessing, as it's usually tagged and taken down within a minute or two of being claimed. Last time I played with some friends, we just let the other teams have it. There was at least once where we RPG'ed it when all 4 members of a squad had spawned into it, and a couple other times where we got two or three players in it with an RPG.
      We let them mostly have it as well. It's a death trap as area of fighting is smaller than in the regular maps. It's hard to get enough space between yourself and the enemy infantry with three other squads hunting for you...

In terms of squad makeup, it's always good to have at least one person w/ a tracer dart for the IFV, one engineer, a medic, and a couple of assaults. Assault class is bar none the best inf. vs. inf. fighting class in the game. I don't see a huge role for recon in this mode, even for their mortar strikes.
      ..., which led to our conclusion to rather use a recon for the anti armor role. This way you something to take down armor and provide you with those darn usefull motion mine things. This does basicly eliminate the possibility of any one sneaking in those buildings you are using as cover. Of course you can always have assaults carrying C4 as well though.
      [S7]Hablos
      Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Recon is THE anti-tank kit of choice on Squad Deathmatch. At the start of the round I would plant 2 C4 on it. As soon as it went live, I blew it. I repeated this til the end of the round. They always fell for it. :)

Our squad makeup was the following:

Recon with USAS-12, C4, and Motion Balls
        2x Assault with AR of choice + 40mm UGL
        Medic with M60 and paddles.

Enemy clans were rage-quitting after the 3rd round.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Motion balls Motion balls Motion balls. Medics are nice but remember that revives don't take away the kills for enemies, but the med packs are needed. Also the gustav is just so damn powerful it makes the engineer almost a needed class. And like it has already been said, assaults are needed just to keep ammo going not to mention the 40mm. Every kit has it's place in this game and for the most part I like the balancing.

Comment

Yes, the medics don't help you ticket wise, but squads longevity can be a big factor. I was thinking about the CG as well, but from obderving the rounds we played, it only came to be a big factor in Isla Innocentes, where the user could climb to hill either side of the village and rain death downwards. On this map there really wasn't any tall buildings blocking the wiev making this a usefull tactic.
            [S7]Hablos
            Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Basically if your in a building and they are constantly exposing themselves, great! stay there and grab the kills. If you don't come across anyone though, you need to move. You could stay alive all you want, but to win, you need to sometimes actively scout them out. Get your motion balls ready! Throw it into the next building and move up, keeping medic behind to clean up and revive if needed. This is also world of the 40mm, so don't always stand in the window, and get a few walls between you and potential danger. If anyone sees you, your pretty much going to have to move!

Depending on the map, will depend how useful the armor is. Give it some open ground with a bit of cover, and your safe. Move it between buildings, and your in trouble.
              BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

One trick I found useful yesterday was groups of 2 each watching South or North. And like everyone else says building hop and do it constantly. If the upstairs has a giant hole in the hop either run down the stairs and camp there. Or move onto a building that has decent cover. OH! I forgot what the map was excatly called but if you take the bmd/light tank and run up and down the road with it watching out for mines you can basically mow down everything your squad is spotting.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X