Medic class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic class

Many people with the medic kit are more than happy to throw down a medic box and then shoot with their machine guns. Very few seem to revive fallen teammates with any sort of frequency, even when you need to step over said teamate's body to gain line of site for shooting the enemy.

I tend to play medic by staying behind cover, laying suppressive fire, and reviving the fallen.

I generally don't see other medics acting like medics. What gives? Is there a reason not to revive? Are people just lacking situational awareness? This is for rush and conquest, regardless of side.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: Medic class

I think its mainly because the M60 is a strong weapon compared to most other. A lot of guys are choosing the medic class just to use it with no intention of actually being a medic.

If you are running around with the M60 with the ACOG or red-dot and magnum ammo, you just put aside your two medic kit box upgrades to be a support gunner.

Comment

Yea, its pretty ugly to watch medics walk past fallen teamates and not revie
      I dont know why not, it gives you points and it gives you tons more points when you put medic boxes next to people who need it.

Comment

Point by revive and healing is not what someone wants... They want kill kill kill and good K/D cause that way they can brag about it and feel superior. Well if you see a TGer doing that then it's an other story since they should focus on teamwork over kills and revive are a big part of that. Once voip will be working (within the next year) it's gonna be easier for those lacking situational awareness to know your dead since your gonna tell them. Until then pray that some tg is around an well knowing of your situation.

Comment

Sorry Harry but it looks like they are gonna kill VOIP for you while you are dead so you can't tell your friends where the enemy is after you died..
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

There is no excuse for 'missing' revives when not under heavy fire. The dead bodies have HUGE green lightning bolt icons over them both in your HUD and your minimap!

On the rare occasion I play medic, I often have no time to think about shooting anyone because I'm so busy reviving and healing!

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I play a medic as a medic. My final tally with all pins and stuff added up when the map finishes is usually around 5,000 xp per round depending on how many I revive.

I'm absolutely positive that most medic players do not realize how many points you can earn by simply reviving people. Reviving a teammate is 80 points. Plus throwing out your medic box into a group of people, or into a chokepoint where there's a lot of fighting? Man. There's times when I'm hearing a rhythmic chiming because my healing box is ticking away so fast.

I really can't wait to unlock the Heal+ and Heal radius specializations. Screw the M60.

Comment

I have to wonder if being able to spawn on anyone in your squad and not just a squad leader lessens the desire to revive for some players?

In BF2/2142, it was all about keeping your SL alive - "Squad leader down on flag" still rings in my ears at night - but with being able to spawn on anyone in just a few seconds, some medics probalby think "why bother" just keep killing.

Comment

I know when I play medic as a medic I am reviving about 5 people a minute on rush maps. Conquest is less frantic since I tend to defend back flags that only see sporadic action.

The way I think about it is that reviving is best when done quickly. This requires you to really focus on your medic duties. If I am reviving people 1-3 seconds before they would normally spawn in, then I am not being a huge help. The ticket is lost when they die (I think). If I see when they die and then revive them real quick I can see a huge difference in the flow of battle. Its was a brief pause in the battle for them. I am sure just 1 or two really competent medics can change the tide of the battle.

Why reviving is good:
                  keeps squads together
                  less downtime means more guns focused on the enemy and the objective.
                  More people in a location means we can hold that position more effectively.

Why reviving is bad:
                  does not save a ticket
                  risk losing a ticket for risky revives.
                  players lack awareness of revive timing, if they are not expecting a revive it can result in another ticket loss.

on rush:
                  Should defenders revive at all costs and attackers only when it is low to med risk?

EDIT: reviving saves the ticket!
                  Last edited by sc1ence; 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm pretty sure that reviving someone refunds that ticket lost. What it does NOT do is remove the death from thier K/D. This is one reason why people don't revive, they see no point in it when the game still records thier death as a death. In 2142 you could have died 30 times in a firefight, but as long as you had 3 assaults behind you with defibs and you killed some people the game would still record you as 15:3 (because they couldn't get you up all the time.)

In this game it would record you as 15:30 because you died 30 times. People would rather respawn at base and grab some armor or spawn somewhere else instead of spawning back in the firefight from the revive and subject them to more deaths.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Wait! So reviving does save the ticket, but people say don't revive because it wont affect thier K/d ratio? WTH!

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                        Wait! So reviving does save the ticket, but people say don't revive because it wont affect thier K/d ratio? WTH!
                        Yes.. Reviving always saves you the ticket unless it's SD but your K/D is your actual K/D therefore the revives won't reduce the number of deaths you see there.
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

When ever I play as a medic, i think I maybe shoot 10 rounds total the entire round. The guys playing in the servers need to step up and say "l33tn00bsl4y3rz you need to either revive people or choose a different kit. If you cant do either find another server to play on because this is not the way we play here." Don't just watch and complain in the forums, get on to these guys IN GAME. Tell them to either shape up or ship out.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                            Pretty much. Was brought up in a big thread a long time ago RE: Revives do NOT count towards your K/D in BC2 !

So when you see that sniper going 25:2 vs the assault going 10:15, the assault doesn't "suck", he's actively participating in the battle. Being killed still increments your counter, no matter how many times you get revived.

As i've said, contrasted to the old way in BF2/2142. In BF2 you could be killed 75 times in a round, but as long as you had a pocket medic, you would show 0 deaths in your stats. This helped stat-padding immensely. 2 medics and 2 others in a corner of the map could shoot-revive each other all day. The guy doing the shooting would go 75:0, then he'd get killed 75 times by the other guy, get revived each time, and the OTHER guy would go 75:0. If you tried that in this game you would go 75:75.

But now you have people that don't want to be revived because it doesn't help their personal score, and can actively hurt them IE they just get shot 5 seconds later in the firefight and need to be revived again, showing 2 deaths now.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

That's a shame that more people aren't reviving. Back in my 2142 days it was common to see two medics rush to someone that got killed before they even hit the dirt. It was a lot of fun. A 5 person squad can stand up to a whole team if they are good at reviving and positioned well for a surprising amount of time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X