Meat Shield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat Shield

On rush, there are times when you are planting or defusing with little to no cover.
    Players often jump between the bullets and the person on the mcom to act as a meat shield.

1. is this a suicide tactic?

2. if not, then cover the guy with your body and let the medics revive?

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: Meat Shield

Really can't see why this should be against the rules and if it is.. How could we ever kick someone for doing it.

"Acting like a meat shield!? You guys actually kicked me for sitting close to an mcom shooting at people since I'm not allowed to have friendlies behind me as I might be using my body to cover them from bullets?"
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

This is along the vein of placing a tank in front of the MCOM and setting 4 engineers to repair it continously so that the enemy can't AT weapon kill the crate.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

It's pretty obvious to me that when I see a teammate arming/defusing an M-COM to cover him, and if I get killed in the process then so be it.
        [/url]

Comment

There are so many things in this game we do that are suicidal compared to the real world. Anyway, if I'm around I don't mind being the dude's Secret Service agent for five seconds. Just doing my job.
          aka spartan421
          Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Covering your teammate is not a suicide tactic imo. A suicide tactic to me is do something when you KNOW you are going to die, or you kill yourself (c4 on a tank then blowing it before you run away for example). Covering your teamamte while he plants/defuses is the main tactic behind meatshielding, not killing yourself.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
            "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Meatshielding is not as viable in this game as it was in others. Bullets penetrate through people now.

And it's not just the sniper rifles, either. Even the shotgun buckshot penetrates if people are bunched up.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                Meatshielding is not as viable in this game as it was in others. Bullets penetrate through people now.

And it's not just the sniper rifles, either. Even the shotgun buckshot penetrates if people are bunched up.
                Exactly, and considering how many frags are usually thrown onto the activated mcoms this would not work to start with.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Yea I say it is a fair tactic and one of the "better" ones used
                  |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

I actually think its extremely valid and quite 'realistic' in the scope of this game's realism. You aren't trying to die and kill someone by using a tactic that results in your certain death, you are bravely putting yourself in the line of fire and I hope trying to drop the guys shooting at your teammate. Sounds like teamwork to me, only thing I concern myself with is trying to remember to shout something vaguely macho or heroic to my teammate on the MCOM, maybe a line from a film or something, "Do it Dave I'll hold them off as long as I can....arrghhhh!" "Hold the line" or some other such nonsense, find myself doing this a lot lately lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X