time for squad leaders to step up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time for squad leaders to step up.

Without squad level voip, we are developing team level tactics. I see ad hoc squads of 6-8 people running together, with very few people leading. This is undesirable on many levels. I would like to see more squads that act like a single unit.

I think it should become SOP to have squad leaders start squads and LEAD them.

There are some few people doing this now - but I can count them on one hand. Most people seem to by trying to act more like a CO than a SL.

If you are leading a squad please do the following:

1. Announce your intention to lead a squad. Start it and announce over TS that you are leading hotel (or alpha or charlie etc) squad.
    2. Announce your squad intentions. "charlie squad is defending mcom alpha", or holding a certain area on the map.
    3. When giving orders over TS, make sure everyone knows your orders are for your squad. (hotel squad move to bravo flag on me.)

This ensures that others know what you are doing so they can make informed choices. Other people then know that your squad is a squad and cen be called upon for support. "charlie squad, hotel squad needs cover at bravo mcom. smoke it up and lay suppressive fire on our mark."

When people get used to hearing squadwork on TS they will start playing like there are squads. This will usher in a new era in BC2 tactics and gameplay that I think many of us are longing for.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: time for squad leaders to step up.

From my experience, organized squads (ie. where everyone knows what's going on) are a lot more effective than the ones where there isn't clear direction. Even if one person is sitting in a UAV or running to a different flag, the squad is hurting. The kits are real well-balanced in BC2, so oftentimes, all 4 are needed.

Plus, it's just plain badass to see 4 green dots turn around chase after a blinking flag when the rest of your team is a huddled bunch of blue dots, spinning around for fun :D

Comment

Yes! And use the socialite key (Q) to pinpoint the exact objective you are taking over, it makes sure everyone knows what to do, and it gives you bonus points if you succeed.
      [/url]

Comment

bonus points ftw!!!!

Comment

we will!!!!
          ...let us get VOIP and I promise there will be a new sophistication to the level of play...
          as of right now...TS is just too unwieldy and I cannot communicate with the pubbies for the lack of VOIP....sigh......
          sure we can have squad channels but that makes life hard on switching channels...
          once we have VOIP....we can have a dedicated "SL" channel to coordinate...just like the good ol days....

Comment

Better games will start when VOIP starts working. I see so many threads now that will be solved by just communicating ingame.

Using TS is great, but it can get crowded and not everyone in a squad is using it.

A "SL" in the game isn't there, and i don't think it ever will be this being a console port. So that requires people to man up and take control. And for people to agree and follow.

Comment

I was playing on a couple other servers the other day and all of them had VOIP working without any issues for quite some time....I think it's just certain servers that have the bug :(
              |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X