Shotguns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotguns

I love the shotguns in this game, especially on hardcore. Shotguns on hard core are almost unbeatable, and if you put the slug add-on, they are a headshot machine. At ANY range. A few hours ago on a hardcore conquest game, I went 24 and 5. Almost begging for more too shoot at. It got boring at times, because the only things I died from were snipers across the map. (which if I tried hard enough I could kill too) My point is, in hardcore, sluged' shotguns are unreasonably accurate and deadly. (Though that my be realistic) Whats your opinion?
    Some say his skin has the texture of a dolphin's, and that wherever you are in the world, if you tune your radio to 88.4, you can actually hear his thoughts... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Top Gear Season 15 starts June 27!

Re: Shotguns

Shotguns with flechette rounds are a lot of fun; I love running with a 'sniper' medic kit. For some reason its one of the only weapons I can kill UH60 door gunners with.

But, in situations where there are multiple contacts close range they're pretty terrible. Time between shots is long and magazine/tube size is small.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mosati;1480841]But, in situations where there are multiple contacts close range they're pretty terrible./QUOTE]
      Try the automatic shotguns -- Saiga or USAS. I've had some good luck with them against mutiple enemies in CQ.

Comment

Multiple enemies in CQB=three weapon combo. Shotgun for the first, knife the second, pistol the third, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          Multiple enemies in CQB=three weapon combo. Shotgun for the first, knife the second, pistol the third, etc.
          Aside from the occasional knife I've never had much luck switching weapons in CQB on HC; it's over too fast.

Comment

The USAS with extended clip or the 870 with slugs and magnum ammo.. When you can kill someone across the map with a shotie you know you have found a great weapon..
            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
              Try the automatic shotguns -- Saiga or USAS. I've had some good luck with them against mutiple enemies in CQ.
              I recently started playing around with shotty fun, I knew Zhohar had put many hours in shotty experiemntation, so I just asked for his loadout

USAS auto shotty
              1911 pistol
              not the added range for less hit tradeoff
              extra shells (not the magnum as they do nothing)

I have tried this combo with recon balls or medic defibs or assualt c4 (mcom buster)
              my results have been mixed but always fun to play, great fun, I like the way that shotty brings out the super aggressive gamer in me ! ;)

I have wiped 3 opponents at CQC, it was AWESOME
              lastly, as Z. advised me, always go for the headshot !

Comment

Hooper goes around with an 870 doling out flechettes like the ice cream man gives out Dove bars on a hot sunny day in the Sahara desert.

I think it's ridiculous that the flechettes can do one shot kills from across the map. But, needless to say, they work really well.
                He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary90 View Post
                  Hooper goes around with an 870 doling out flechettes like the ice cream man gives out Dove bars on a hot sunny day in the Sahara desert.
                  Aww but that way they melt faster.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

It's also pretty funny when the round misses 9 times out of 10 at close range.

Do everyone a favor and use a shotgun... like a shotgun.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I witnessed this as i watched a friend destroy entire squads from eye squinting distances. It was entertaining briefly however it's cheating. Sure you have to line the shot up but anyone can do it. Its a game but it leans towards an almost realistic setting and headshots with a shotgun at those ranges is just silly. It was funny to watch however i admit.

Comment

Originally posted by bachalus View Post
                        I witnessed this as i watched a friend destroy entire squads from eye squinting distances. It was entertaining briefly however it's cheating. Sure you have to line the shot up but anyone can do it. Its a game but it leans towards an almost realistic setting and headshots with a shotgun at those ranges is just silly. It was funny to watch however i admit.
                        It's not cheating. It may not be realistic, but it's not cheating.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X