Fastest ways to take down buildings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest ways to take down buildings

This is not my video, but I thought it was good.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Fastest ways to take down buildings

wow that's ridiculous....you can set up entire buildings and destroy any enemies inside in a matter of seconds...Time to take notes and take down every building in sight...the c4 becomes more and more powerful...

Comment

Been testing that all day.. You can improve it^^
      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

he said it best at the end......he enjoys killing his own team for no reason, which is exactly what will happen when the C4 dorks er i mean "ninjas" start to try this on the mcomm buildings. It's a great informative video.....but I can see TK's from it on the hurried pace of rush mode. Conquest mode however I see better applications for it in taking down surrounding buildings used as spawn points from the enemy.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

This makes me want to find as many sniper nests as possible :)

"Did you hear something downstairs?"

"What?"

«Boom»

I'm loving the C4 UAV as well.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I think I just found a new hobby...

Comment

One thing I've been wondering - is the damage model for buildings dynamic (i.e. if I blow out these four corners, there's no way it's going to be able to stand, but if I blow out these two corners, it's just going to collapse the front half of the building) or do buildings just have a certain number of hit points and once they take XX damage they collapse?

Comment

Great video. I will test this out myself today.

PS.
                That guy is hilarious.

[ Official 3rd Special Forces Detachment (SFD) Member ]

Comment

Yeah, I was laughing pretty hard by the end. I have to imagine this would be tough in Rush mode. I tried to get in and do this a couple times tonight and it was just too hard. I wound up dead every time before I could even get half of the C4 down. This was on the second stage of Arica Harbor.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
                    One thing I've been wondering - is the damage model for buildings dynamic (i.e. if I blow out these four corners, there's no way it's going to be able to stand, but if I blow out these two corners, it's just going to collapse the front half of the building) or do buildings just have a certain number of hit points and once they take XX damage they collapse?
                    As far as I've seen, it's a static number of hitpoints, the buildings don't rely on actual Havok, etc physics to stand up like they do in Red Faction: Guerilla for example. I've seen buildings completely gutted, but as long as the roof didn't have 1-2 holes in them, they stood. The key point to putting them in those corners is to blow out as many walls as possible.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Was doing this last night as recon.

Lots of fun, extra explosives with explosives perk, just demolish any useful building the enemy can use against you.

Also lots of fun to get 2 or 3 guys on the second floor as a bonus. Also useful as a short range grenade

Comment

While C4 is probably the quickest way, as the video demonstrates, I've had plenty of success with tanks as well. Running a heavy or light tank into walls destroys them, and it's a little safer than running around a building interior with possible enemies inside as well...

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
                        "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
                        - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

Who said you have to plant it on the inside? Basically he is taking down the X number of wall areas that make a building fall down. You don't have to be inside.
                          BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by PM07SNV View Post
                            Who said you have to plant it on the inside? Basically he is taking down the X number of wall areas that make a building fall down. You don't have to be inside.
                            If you are going to be as effective as possible you need to be inside. He is simply putting the C4 in the right spots to maximize the number of walls you destroy with every C4 and for that you need to be inside..
                            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X