Moar explosions please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moar explosions please!

Any machine gun in this game takes a bit of time to take down a soldier (non hardcore mode). Explosions on the other hand end things quickly!.

I see lots of people running with the medic kit and the m60. its a great gun. But it is no match for grenades, m40s, mortars, gustavs or c4. I know it may seem less fun than the run and gun self healing medic, but I think it makes sense. If Medics played like medics, then soldiers could play like soldiers and so on. We need moar explosions!

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: Moar explosions please!

TF2 that way ------>

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by that comment.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It means that I am not sure why you would actively discourage people using their primary weapons in a near-simulation environment and tactical play.

Comment

I apologize that I was not clear in my original post. I am suggesting they use their primary weapons in a more tactful way. I feel too many are using their primary weapons too much. Running in with your primary weapon blazing, without first trying to soften up the enemy location with explosives makes no tactical sense, nor is it near simulation. Yet this is what I see on our server most of the rounds I play. Instead of relying on their grenadiers to soften up the enemy, people are ignoring their explosives in favor of their primary weapon. Near simulation and tactical play most certainly involve explosives - lots of them. I would rather lob a grenade from behind cover or arc an m40 than expose myself for the 2+ seconds it takes to kill an enemy with my primary. For anything other than close quarters combat, people should be using explosives to engage the enemy and their primary weapons to lay suppressive fire. Right now they are so focused on their guns I think they are ignoring the very tactical and powerful explosive weapons at their disposal.
          Last edited by sc1ence; 04-10-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

This is why BC2 is not really ideal for me. Rifles and MGs should be primary weapons, but for dedicated killing, the 40mm GL and the CG are the most powerful weapons in the game. Science is simply stating a fact, but I agree with Kelvin that it is quite annoying that it takes whole magazines to kill an enemy, making the GL and CG de facto primary weapons.

Comment

Heh yeah. Assault rifles are pretty bad when you have to reload after each kill unless you want to risk not having enough bullets for the next guy. I think a big factor is really bad netcode or something. People don't die when they should have died, they die half a second later or so. If you want to experiment shoot less bullets than you think you need into someone. They just might die a second later. This seems to occur with regular consistency. I've never had this problem unless I'm on a super laggy server in Siberia, and I've been playing multiplayer since Quake on a 28.8 modem.

Oh yeah. Why do you want more explosions??? Don't you get killed enough by mortar strikes, 40mm, and Carl Gustav? I don't know if you've noticed but people are complaining about those which implies their near constant use.
              aka spartan421
              Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

Give the M95 with the red dot scope a shot. I've heard it's pretty powerful in CQB.

Comment

Originally posted by PennyFlame View Post
                  Oh yeah. Why do you want more explosions??? Don't you get killed enough by mortar strikes, 40mm, and Carl Gustav? I don't know if you've noticed but people are complaining about those which implies their near constant use.
                  I want more explosions because I think it makes tactical sense in a near simulation environment.

Comment

Okay then, all in favor of a tactical nuke that will instantly win the round for us, say Aye!

Oh wait, they have that already. It's called Modern Warfare 2.

Comment

Play hardcore, guns don't feel like airsoft equivalents anymore, and explosives are scary.

Issue solved =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X