Port Valdez Attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Valdez Attack

This Thread is for the planing and discussion of Port Valdez Attack.

Begin strategizing now.

Last edited by troublesome4u; 04-15-2010, 07:50 PM.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Re: Port Valdez Attack

The name of the game here is Destruction 2.0

For the first set of MCOM's, whomever is working the recon class needs to concentrate mortar fire on Alpha to bring the building down from a distance. At the same time, the rest of the squad needs to concentrate fires on Bravo to secure and arm it. Once its armed, grenades, smoke, and Gustavs will win the day. If Alpha goes down and we are still fighting for Bravo, recon needs to shift mortar fires to cover Bravo after the charges have been set, using the explosions as an umbrella.

For the second set we will use the same basic principle and destroy from a distance.

The last to will be a bit more of a challenge. Priority one for the third set is destruction of the Apache. This needs to happen as soon as its up. Once the Helo has been taken care of, armor will push up with infantry and engineers in support and secure and arm the MCOM's.

The last set, will require a little more brute force. Armor will pushup on the right with infantry peeling around to the left to flank. The MCOM at the top of the hill needs to be taken while the Armor provides support and fires onto the last remaining MCOM. Once the hilltop MCOM is down everyone will push to the last one, arm it, and mow down all would be hero's.

As always I am open to any and all suggestions from the entire squad.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Taking care of the Apache is easier said than done. We need to use the anti-air vehicle that spawns. But move it at once since good pilots will shoot at it the first thing they do. If the pilot needs to look for it then there´s a good chance of bringing the Apache down before it finds it.
      sigpic

Comment

We can always use the recons. Once the MCOMS are about to go we can push up the recon guys quick to drop mortars on the Heli Pad.

Heck, we can do both really. Drop mortars and damage it real good and have the AA finish the job. One, Two punch

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Is it possible to tracer dart it from that far away?

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Here's a map for the RUSH version of Port Valdez, although most of us have it burned in since beta. I underlined MCOMS that can be destroyed by collapsing the building.

Main Thoughts: I would like to see the TOWs used on defense and our own recons and ATs taking them down as much as possible on attack. Perhaps engineers with mines can deploy then retreat to a TOW? As we loose a set of MCOMs time the respawns to be able to litter mines at choke points to hopefully slow armor. I'm a little up in the air as far as mines go. They seem to be a little hit and miss...

Have some communication between vehicle crews as far as active upgrades. Again time the infantry assaults with armor so we aren't throwing the tank against active tows and a hail of tracer darts for no gain. Plan out crews for each main vehicle at each spawn area.

Try and wipe out attacking squads, the more they have to all run back from the main spawn the better. We know where we like to hang back for spawn points, look for them there.

Attacking Thoughts: When attacking, time infantry assaults with armor to overwhelm defenders, on the first set attack B first while they still have defenders divided between the two. A can be taken down from a distance if we have too. UAV would be helpful taking the two TOWS out. Charge gets set, snipers send in timed mortar strikes. If possible armor also rushes onto charged MCOM to do what it can to prevent disarm.

Second set: Have armor pound down A, while B falls to organized infantry attacks. Get some people into the building in front of B, like the attic. Spawn from there, arm the MCOM and fire onto it as defenders try for a disarm. Once A is down armor starts in on B to finish it if infantry hasn't yet. Don't see us loosing on this set. UAV annoys the defending APC.

Third Set: Keep them off the TOW to allow the tank engage the APC. Our mobile AA used as such. The heavy machine gun near the defenders old APC spawn is also somewhat effective, as attention is focused on the AA. Someone that can see through the window of it would be helpful. They may decide to use the chopper back behind the hill, we might want to consider counters for that.

Defending Thoughts:

First Set: If we can take sniper hill that would help prolong the life of TOW operators and keep the fight away from the MCOMS. Clear the trees north of B to allow TOWs and AT clean shots at armor down that road. Spot, spot, spot.

Second set: Unlikely to hold due to both being crushable. If possible retreat the APC when we loose both to have it in position to slow the initial rush. Keep their UAV from camping the APC spawn, I notice people like to hover high and behind it, making it hard for the APC to engage it themselves. The APC is bit of a disadvantage as it can't fire into the MCOM buildings without helping collapse them. Best bet is to get it out and engaging the armor, again have someone with a secondary weapons upgrade.

Third Set: Favorite set for me to defend. Clear line of fire onto armor as it comes down the hill, keep the TOWs up and prevent the APC from being stolen by having a dedicated crew for it. One with the secondary weapon unlock. Another dedicated crew for the helicopter, don't have it sitting empty. Watch for flanking squads on this set.

Fourth Set:Not sure the blackhawk is worth spending crew on, haven't seen it used for effect on this map. Have a squad on the south pipeline area to try and keep the firefights outside the MCOM building. At least two full squads sitting on the MCOM, another squad near alpha, manning the tow and stationary mgs as needed.

Comment

Oddly enough I found that exact same map. Here my thoughts on a general outline of what to do for the first set.

NOTICE: The other team will be expecting us to use armor to take down A so their defense on that side will be the weakest; it will be easier to slip a squad by unnoticed there.

NOTICE 2: I know the style of many people on the other team and I am expecting the 70th to be hiding & laying mines were I put my smoke dot at the start, so if you would send smoke from there you would have to clear it out first.

NOTICE 3: If all else fails, we can use the armor to shell B at the start or arm it and ram the armor on top of B making a shield around it.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Seems like if we have to we can use armor and recon shelling to take both of the first mcoms down. The whole load time issue will be interesting on the first set. Attacking we want to keep a good momentum going.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X