Does crouching affect accuracy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does crouching affect accuracy?

From my experience, it does not. However, I've found it hard to break the "crouch, zoom, shoot" habit from BF2142 so I'm looking for others' perspectives.
    Does it make sense to crouch in CQ combat? How about at medium range?

Re: Does crouching affect accuracy?

For me, no. In this game, all the crouch is good for in my opinion is hiding behind walls. It slows you down and makes turning motions awkward so I never use it anymore while shooting.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I also have the CZS (crouch, zoom, shoot) habit. I personally don't know if CZS helps or not, but I am sure that moving and shooting don't mix well.

sigpic

Comment

My crosshairs shrink ever so much when I crouch. I crouch cause it looks cool, whatever game I play next will have me crouching to increase aim, and it probably increases aim a little bit. I do fire while moving in crouch and find that I can control my fire pretty good.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you are using one of the LMG and move while firing from the hip I would say crouch.. It barely gives you any extra accuracy but that little can be the difference between life and death.. If you are using the scopes I really don't think crouching will help you.. I do it because of the CZS syndrome.
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I don't think crouching helps accuracy but I know moving while firing hurts it so stopping to crouch isn't that bad.

Comment

It doesn't help my accuracy but it does help me dodge bullets and makes it harder for the enemy to kill me since I become a smaller target when I crouch.

[ Official 3rd Special Forces Detachment (SFD) Member ]

Comment

Crouching does not benefit any weapons' accuracy except for LMGs in which hip spread barely improves.
                Crouching while sighted, almost every weapon subtracts 0.05 from its Amp.
                Source: http://www.shaytastic.com/index.php?...l;sa=page;p=11

So if you're sighted and not in spot where you need to move / stay standing, use crouch.

Comment

wow, mixa, that link is awesome! great info!

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Crouching is useful to maintain cover, but I wouldn't do it in a firefight. At least as far as Vanilla goes. The circle-strafe dance of death is your best bet for survival.

Comment

I was just playing around on an empty server with the shooty and slug to see that unzoomed it did have an effect but if zoomed it didn't change anything. Maybe the other gun are like that if you zoom you have maximum accuracy if not then crouch is better then up... but this still needs some testing.

Comment

Since AA2 I am always in the crouch position in BC2 if I aim or hide. In AA2 the crouch or prone (yes: PRONE) position had a great effect on the accuracy of the weapons.
                        It would be very sad if this has no effect at all in BC2. But the way I see it the effect of crouching is at least not big. Up to now I noticed no difference but I did not test it explicitly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X