No announcement yet.

Saiga vs USAS in terms of "damage per second" and "magnum ammo vs extra shells"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saiga vs USAS in terms of "damage per second" and "magnum ammo vs extra shells"

Saiga: semi-automatic (click for each shot) and slightly less damage than USAS.
    USAS: fully automatic (hold&spray) and slightly more damage than Saiga.

Which one have you found to be better in CQ? I have a nagging feeling like the Saiga can actually output more damage per second ... but you do need to click it, and in chaotic CQ fights (which is where these weapons excel) that's a challenge.

So -- Saiga or USAS, and why?
    Would you put magnum ammo on them or the 2x shells?

I've personally preferred the USAS with 2x shells, but I'm thinking to experiment and tinker with it a bit.

Re: Saiga vs USAS in terms of "damage per second" and "magnum ammo vs extra shells"

I thought Saiga did more damage than USAS?

I tried USAS, and I tried Saiga.

Saiga was better for me, less likely to waste a shell on a corpse, and I think it does more damage.

Not much of a shotgun person though, I usually take C4 with explosive perks, so I can't comment on mag or shells.

Comment

Re: Saiga vs USAS in terms of "damage per second" and "magnum ammo vs extra shells"

I like the USAS more don't know why it just feels better.

The magnum ammo is a waste on me. I generally engage more people than I should do and with the 2x shells I actually might survive but with the magnum I die due to the need to reload to often. But I think it's very much depending on your playing style. If you engage 2 players at the time before reloading I think you will benefit from the magnum but if you do as I do. flanking around corners to engage a whole squad in a proper do or die attack I really think you should go for the 2x shells.
      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

2x shells are probably going to be your best bet, since any shotgun has a limited range. The further you are from your intended target, the more shells you're going to have to put out to implement enough damage for a takedown, and there's always the chance you'll miss a shot or two.

The linchpin is whether you can ensure you have a high accuracy rating with shotguns. If yes, then go with Magnum rounds. If no, go with 2x shells.

The other consideration is dealing with multiple targets at once. Even if you have high accuracy with shotguns, chances are you're going to run out of ammo (especially with the Saiga) pretty fast.

In summary: Saiga with 2x shells is prolly the safest bet, though shotgun experts will have more room for experimentation.

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
        "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
        - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

Well to have played a long time the Saiga and now started the Usas I will say that I don't see that much difference in the killing speed. Without headshot they both take 3 to take down someone and in most case it end up going to 4-5- cause of all the love this game as. I play with the x2 magazine because I waste a lot of the ammo and unless someone can tell me that it will kill in 2 shot without headshot with magnum there is no chance I'm going to trade it for the big bad magazine.

As for the Saiga being a little faster, I don't think it's the case. I tried to send the Usas to max fire by clicking the way I did the Saiga and it sound/looked exactly like the Saiga and the only difference between the fully auto and semi-auto fire that I see is the fact that I don't end up with pain in the head after 2 hour of playing. I do end up reloading more with the Usas since I waste more ammo then the semi-auto Saiga but in the end you just have to click it like you do the Saiga to prevent that and in the time of need you'll have the full auto feature ready to get you out of trouble.

The other advantage of the full auto is that you don't have to focus on having to click as fast as possible to get maximum killing capacity and having to compensate the possible movement the insane clicking might bring to your mouse. You'll have more of your attention to actually move your crossair over the head and get that sexy headshot of doom kill. I just started the Usas and I do like it over the Saiga even taught that baby brought me a plat star.

Comment

After getting a gold star with each, I prefer the USAS-12. It feels better, I prefer the firing speed more and I enjoy using it :)

Comment

I feel stupid, I didn't know you could hold down the USAS....

I've found that the more shells I have the better I can deal with multiple targets which is super important for staying alive and useful.
              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

According to the statistics that one dude pulled straight out of the PC files, all the shotguns are the same in many regards. The two pump actions are basically the same with the M870 firing about .1 seconds faster. The Saiga and the USAS do the exact same damage.

Comment

I prefer the USAS
                  Shotty is the most fun weapon in the game !!

Comment

Here's the link to the damage chart:

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

I run the UAS with slugs and mag extension. Aim for the crotchular area and let the muzzle climb takes care of the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                      I feel stupid, I didn't know you could hold down the USAS....
                      :( me2
                      ¡Together Everyone Achieves More!

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
                        I run the UAS with slugs and mag extension. Aim for the crotchular area and let the muzzle climb takes care of the rest.
                        I'm exactly the opposite: run into extreme CQ and aim only for the head. All SMGs, and most ARs do more dmg/s than the USAS in CQ so it's pretty much a necessity to shoot for the head.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenInferno View Post
                          :( me2
                          Me 3...before this thread I just assumed the firing rate was faster because I was clicking faster.

Comment

I'm a really bad shot, so I use the Saiga with 2x shells to compensate. Plus, I can spread some damage around in a fire fight. I might not kill anyone, but I'm doing some damage to a bunch of different people, and the 12 shells seem to last longer than 30 bullets in my AR or SMG.

Comment

I use the saiga because I like knowing exactly when my shots are going to happen. I don't like the auto of the usas since I have to learn its rhythm.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X