Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackhawk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blackhawk

    I find that the US forces are woefully underserved by the Blackhawk vs the Hind. The main gun on the Hind is an absolute reaper against infantry - perhaps even better than the one on the Havoc. Meanwhile, the miniguns on the Blackhawk seem to actually be worse than the ones in BF2.

    And just so you understand my feelings about the transport choppers, I have always been in favor of upping the gun damage for all transports, but counter that by making them more fragile when it comes to taking damage - just like in real life.

    Anyway, as I was thinking about all of this last night, it got me wondering whether or not any of the vehicle unlocks actually help you in the Blackhawk. Can one up the damage done by the miniguns, increase the overall armor values, improve aiming, etc.?

  • #2
    Re: Blackhawk

    I do believe that some unlocks effect the Blackhawk, like Damage, Armor, Sensor. That's why I use the damage upgrade when i spawn in so i can kill things easier. I think armor helps as well... i think, I'm not sure. Has anyone seen a Blackhawk belch out a cloud of smoke without crashing afterwords? :D
    "Anyone" can run in and get a few quick kills... but it takes a "Team" to get in and out alive.
    A tank is more then just a weapon to a dedicated Tank Driver... its a friend that can not be replaced... and a coffin, for his/her corpse.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Blackhawk

      Originally posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
      I find that the US forces are woefully underserved by the Blackhawk vs the Hind. The main gun on the Hind is an absolute reaper against infantry - perhaps even better than the one on the Havoc. Meanwhile, the miniguns on the Blackhawk seem to actually be worse than the ones in BF2.

      And just so you understand my feelings about the transport choppers, I have always been in favor of upping the gun damage for all transports, but counter that by making them more fragile when it comes to taking damage - just like in real life.

      Anyway, as I was thinking about all of this last night, it got me wondering whether or not any of the vehicle unlocks actually help you in the Blackhawk. Can one up the damage done by the miniguns, increase the overall armor values, improve aiming, etc.?
      If you recall (you may not) in the early days of BF2 people would fill up the Blackhawk with a couple of engineers and medics and just hover over flags to cap them. The engineers would repair the chopper when necessary (in flight) and those who manned the guns could rack up one hell of a body count making this setup nearly unstoppable. Then of course DICE pulled out the nerf-bat (and rightly so) making the Blackhawk little more than a transport.

      Personally I don't miss the old days of BF2 when the armor and aircraft were god in the hands of a skilled player, and frankly I swore off any war-related EA title because of it. Then Bad Company came along which seemed to even the playing field and bring the fun back to ground-pounding. I do however agree that some slight tweaks are necessary to correct certain balancing issues.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Blackhawk

        Originally posted by Slurm_Cola View Post
        If you recall (you may not) in the early days of BF2 people would fill up the Blackhawk with a couple of engineers and medics and just hover over flags to cap them. The engineers would repair the chopper when necessary (in flight) and those who manned the guns could rack up one hell of a body count making this setup nearly unstoppable. Then of course DICE pulled out the nerf-bat (and rightly so) making the Blackhawk little more than a transport.

        Personally I don't miss the old days of BF2 when the armor and aircraft were god in the hands of a skilled player, and frankly I swore off any war-related EA title because of it. Then Bad Company came along which seemed to even the playing field and bring the fun back to ground-pounding. I do however agree that some slight tweaks are necessary to correct certain balancing issues.
        I do recall and, more recently, greatly enjoyed the ROFL Copter in 2142 (when it was on my team). And as I mentioned, I always wanted the door guns to be high damage, but yet balance that with an increased vulnerability for the airframe itself. An M60 or an HMG (and most certainly any type of RPG) should be able to make swiss cheese out of a transport chopper quite easily. I've also never agreed with being able to repair in-flight.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Blackhawk

          I've always thought that since its impossible to make the miniguns realistic (they would be as overpowered as in original BF2), they should just be weak but provide a 'supressing fire' effect in the radius of the impact. This could be a blurry/shaky screen and with some running speed penalty or whatever, but the point is that it would help make the blackhawk a transport + support vehicle.

          Suppress people with it in order for people on the ground or in the blackhawk to jump out and advance.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Blackhawk

            From the footage I have seen from the console version it seems like the PC blackhawk is nerfed beyond recognition. The guns seems to be more powerful with less spread giving you a heli suited both for air drops and suppressing..
            Nubhar

            - In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Blackhawk

              Yeah, on PS3 the Blackhawk is a killing machine. The hard part is aiming with those damn thumbsticks, but you only need to hold the crosshair over your target for a second or so before they go down.

              I read somewhere that DICE inadvertently nerfed ALL damage on the PC, and that a patch would bring damage in line to the console version. That statement I read is that if one shot takes 25% of health away on the console version, it only takes 15% away on the PC version. I wish I could remember where I read that. I think it might have been on the Quarter to 3 forum. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm sure it would make a big difference. The weapons do NOT feel underpowered on PS3 to me.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

              - Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Blackhawk

                Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                I read somewhere that DICE inadvertently nerfed ALL damage on the PC, and that a patch would bring damage in line to the console version. That statement I read is that if one shot takes 25% of health away on the console version, it only takes 15% away on the PC version. I wish I could remember where I read that. .
                For me it sounds like a HUGE nerf. 40% more efficient weapons holy crap. Hope they really do fix that in a patch..
                Nubhar

                - In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Blackhawk

                  I dunno i would think its a design decision since the game on PC is a lot faster paced due to keyboard/mouse controls.

                  All shooters are slower paced on consoles because of the limitations that controllers bring.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Blackhawk

                    I definitely agree with Kilrogg on upping the Blackhawks suppression ability. If you have a light airframe that is, potentially, full of players, it's a meaty target for any potential Anti-air focused opponent. Since any good game should balance weaknesses with advantages, the Blackhawk should come in one of two configurations: The better miniguns & lower armor as already suggested, or nerfed miniguns and a high armor rating.

                    Considering that the Blackhawk needs to be able to ferry troops around and give them momentary fire support while they debark, I'd be more in favor of the better miniguns and lower armor rating....


                    |TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
                    "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
                    - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Blackhawk

                      I remember the BF2 days. A medic, an assault, and a team on engies on a blackhawk with a good pilot pretty much resulted in round domination. Even in 2142, a good team in a transport could make short work of a gunship.

                      I think the nerfed blackhawk guns in BC2 are for the better, at least until they come up with better AA. My biggest gripe about the blackhawk is how unbelievably difficult it is to repair the thing if you're in a non-gunner seat. I feel like I have to just aim within the blackhawk randomly until I notice the hitpoints going up.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Blackhawk

                        I've only been on the receiving end of the BH's mini-g, and I must say it is woefully underpowered. Recently on a rush map I spent a good 10 seconds being chased around in circles by it's wall of lead as there was no cover available, with me making a whole lot of "being hit" grunts and yells. The BH was shot down shortly thereafter and I was still alive and went in search of a health pack.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Blackhawk

                          I havnt tried this in a TG server yet, but i found that using the Blackhawk on Ilsa Innocentes, you have the driver using armor perk, 2 gunners using warhead (atleast 1 being an engineer), and two assault guys with smoke launchers in the back can be really effective. Even more so if you have a uav with smoke attachment.

                          The driver flys over the island (or whatever stage your at) and hovers for a while allowing the assault guys in the back to fire smoke launchers before jumping out and parachuting on the objective. The pilot flys back, land the 2 gunners repair the heli, pick up 2 more assault guys, rinse and repeat. If you have a UAV with the smoke attachment as well, this can be really effective.

                          Again though, havnt tried this on the TG servers.


                          "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                          "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Blackhawk

                            Blackhawk is decent if you learn to aim properly with it's miniguns, with good comms, or even with pilot who can just stay in the air for couple minutes, you can often gun down those people who wait until they've been damaged to red before they start running away.

                            It takes time to kill people but on the other hand it works well against buildings and vehicles, (if you focus fire on tank/bradley you can actually take it down rather quickly - if hit obv). HIND > Blackhawk any day though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Blackhawk

                              UAV Alt. Fire > All choppers.

                              You can whittle any chopper down in seconds.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X