UAV in BC2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAV in BC2

I don't know what DICE programmers were thinking when they adjusted damage done to infantry and armor by so called Hellfire. I mean its just ridiculously week against infantry and against Tanks. If you trying to kill infantry you need a direct hit even with warhead upgrade perk,(2 hits for tank) and as easy how the UAV can be shutdown i think its completely useless. I know its a good for spotting, but so is recon. I would like to read your opinion on this subject, and any tips regarding UAV.
    Ostry.
    sigpic

Re: UAV in BC2

The UAV is very useful in HC because then you have one hit kills.
    Apart from this it must be used very thoughtful. I often use the improved optics perk. Then you can fire from far away without the risk to be taken out easily. It is very useful if you want to destroy buildings with MComs.
    In Vanilla I hardly use the UAV because of the problem you mentioned.

Comment

The hellfire isn't supposed to be used for anti-infantry purposes, so yes, you pretty much do need a direct hit to get a kill (similar to the AT4 or static AT). That's why there's the vehicle alternate fire perk, so you can get the MG on it to engage infantry. It's awesome against armor, though. Two missiles destroy an MBT, one if it's already been partially damaged. I've destroyed plenty of vehicles with it.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Doesn't the UAV Hellfire do the same damage as the chopper-fired version?

Comment

Don't know the numbers, but it seems that way to me.

Comment

I hate the MG on the UAV. If I could get zoom and the MG it'd be so much more useful, but try to stay far enough out while still hitting something with the MG never works. I usually use zoom so I can stay farther away. If I mistakenly equip the alt fire perk I just use it to suppress enemies.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I saw someone laying down smoke on Valdez with it. If you equip the smoke perk the UAV will spit out a trio of smoke grenades with very wide coverage. A UAV operater was making the approach to the B objective pit very difficult.

Comment

If the alt fire was a tracer dart rather than mg's itd be more useful, but perhaps too much so?
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

All i use on UAV is the optical perk to stay away from enemy fire.I fire my hellfire only at enemy COM, i also use the recon spotting perk so i can spot multiple enemy to support ground troops while reloading.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                    The hellfire isn't supposed to be used for anti-infantry purposes, so yes, you pretty much do need a direct hit to get a kill (similar to the AT4 or static AT). That's why there's the vehicle alternate fire perk, so you can get the MG on it to engage infantry. It's awesome against armor, though. Two missiles destroy an MBT, one if it's already been partially damaged. I've destroyed plenty of vehicles with it.
                    I think that the splash from hellfire should kill all enemies in close proximity.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                      I think that the splash from hellfire should kill all enemies in close proximity.
                      But it doesn't. Even if you land it a meter or two away you probably will not get a kill. It has to be right on top of them. The rationalization could be that it's a shaped charge with no shrapnel effect, who knows. But it is just stinky against infantry. Best use for it is to wear down MCOMS and hit vehicles. On Nelson Bay, it's good for collapsing MCOM structures on the first two stages.

If it were effective against infantry, there'd be no incentive to use the Alt Fire perk.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                        If it were effective against infantry, there'd be no incentive to use the Alt Fire perk.
                        Very true

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                        "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Wouldn't the concussive blast of a hellfire account into damaging soft targets, i don't know the exact power behind a Hellfire so i can't argue much.
                          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

You would think, but like I said above it's probably a balance issue. A vehicle that you can fly in, spot just about everyone, and kill infantry and vehicles alike would be too much, at least without having to spend a perk on it.

Comment

I don't know, you can still have some fun with the UAV and kill the infantry:P

Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X