Team comms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team comms

I feel like we really need to organize a good comms strategy before game start.
    Ideally, we'd make something that recreates BF2's in-game comms. This is what we'd do:

1) Create 5 subchannels in TS (A,B,C,D,E)
    2) Squad members and leaders join the appropriate channels (Dredge can join any, or whatever)
    3) Squad leaders create a whisper keybind that whispers to all SLs and Dredge. (Dredge does the same)
    4) SL's need to use push-to-talk for both in-squad and leadership channels

In this way, squaddies can freely talk to eachother in-channel.
    SL's have a separate key for leadership channel.

Dredge, can we make these channels on TS, or have an admin do it? They can be temporary, just for the scrim.
    BF4: Indiscrimin8

Re: Team comms

I like this idea. Clears comm's for the leadership. I can concentrate on orders to the SL's and the squad members wont be bothered by my voice. It will also take out confusion of squad members calling out things and other squads getting confused as to who it is directed at.

Good work!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

In normal TG-server play, this isn't really feasible, with SL's not really defined, and possibly changing out constantly.
      But with a known set of SL's for the duration of the scrim, this will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Indiscriminate View Post
        In normal TG-server play, this isn't really feasible, with SL's not really defined, and possibly changing out constantly.
        But with a known set of SL's for the duration of the scrim, this will work.
        Agreed. This is going to be used for the scrim.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Ok, I noticed I'm on Echo squad - recon.
          We have the ability to closely support squads who are in the action in the field with 2 important abilities:
          1) Mortar strikes (on enemies who have cover, and on MCOM stations after the fuse has been set)
          2) Anti-sniper help when our squads are pinned down

However, these two abilities are not helpful at all without good communications.
          For instance, when an MCOM fuse is being set, we want to know, so we can hold our mortar strikes, and use them sequentially after it's set. We'll need to know as the fuse is being set - or even better, 15 seconds before it's set (if that were possible)

If a squad needs anti-sniper fire, we need to know which squad, and where the enemy is.

If a squad needs a mortar strike to break enemies out of cover and scatter them, we need to get target info in real-time as the squad needs it.

In order to do that, we can handle it 2 ways:

1) Either the SLs ask RedBaron, and he gives us the info
          2) Or, we arrange a way for the SLs to ask us directly.

The drawbacks of #1 are:
          1. the extra burden on RedBaron (he has to listen to an SL, then talk to us, then listen to us, then talk to SL, etc)
          2. the delay in using him as a relay could cause the whole thing to become moot.

The drawbacks of #2 are that comms get a bit more complicated.
          But if the SL's make a whisper key to our channel, and the recon guys make a whisper key to "Reply to last whisper," then we'd be able to have that 2-way communication *pretty* well.
          So SL's might say,
          "Bravo needs a mortar strike on the hill west of Alpha."
          and we might reply:
          "Mortar strike inbound"
          or "No mortars available."

An SL might say,
          "Charlie needs sniper suppressed in lighthouse"
          and we might say
          "We're on it"

Comment

I think I will put requests for sniper/mortar support on the SL's on the ground. This way its coming from the guys that need it and it cuts out the middle man. So it will be on the SL to determine what he needs and where. You will also be able to use your assets as needed. If you feel a mortar strike is needed call it up and call it in

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Sounds good to me, I would like to see how it works out.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...