G3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3

Anyone else a huge fan of the G3? I just got Platinum with it today.

I loved using the G3 in BF2:SF on the Iron Gator map... This one is virtually the same.

Using the G3 means kit choice is basically choosing what gadgets you want to go along with your G3...

Another great reason to use it is it commands respect... It's not like the noobie 40mm, M60, or Carl... You won't ever find me using those anymore.. When I'm on the top of the leaderboard with the most kills, it speaks for itself.

It's extremely powerful with magnum ammo and ridiculously accurate, but you have to TAP the fire button and it takes a decent level of skill to be truly deadly, but once that skill is achieved, it's an amazing gun. It's slightly slower than the AN or the M16 but that gives you more time to make accurate shots. Virtually the only time I'll hold it down is when I turn a corner or something and am confronted with a whole squad or more. Since your tapping constantly, rather than holding down the trigger, it really changes your style of gameplay too.

It's awesome because you can snipe with it from REALLY far, but also mow down guys up close. The long distance range is ridiculous with no bullet drop that I can tell. I get a ton of headshots because of it's accuracy. In other forums I've seen people suggest it may have the best iron sites in the game, and I agree.

The G3 was lousy for a couple weeks when they nerfed it, but now they actually buffed it over the original version. They changed it back to the original damage model PLUS gave it slightly less recoil.

The only real downside is the small mag, 20 bullets.

Just remember to tap tap tap and it turns your style into something more tactical, accurate, and deadly. You can't be Rambo, but you can peak out, take out multiple guys with a minimal amount of bullets, and then move in.

I usually go with 2x nades and Magnum Ammo.

How's it working for others? If you haven't tried it yet, spend some time with it - I mean an hour or two, building your skill level up - and circle back and post your thoughts.

Re: G3

I prefer the other assault rifles. If I could put a red dot sight or a 4x scope, that could compensate for the small mag. Otherwise I don't plan on using it anymore (got a gold star with it and that is it).

Comment

I used it a bit, but found it incredibly inaccurate, I even missed with single shots fired, though neither me, nor my target was moving.
      Maybe I should give it a try again, from what you wrote, I must have done something wrong and I guess I got much better since I used it the last time - I know I'm not good in aiming, but also I don't think I'm THAT bad...

Alyazir

Comment

I love the G3.....my stats show it is responsible for the bulk of my kills in game, it brings assault rifle power to the recon and engi kits.....gotta love that. Your description of how to use it correctly is dead on! This is not a gun you hold the mouse button on and spray, it's a true finesse weapon and when used properly it's deadly as hell.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I agree. I really enjoy using it - especially when compared to the other weapons in the Recon/Engi arsenal.

Comment

I gave it a good solid try, I used it for a couple days straight as I would love to settle on a weapon I could use for every class and become real proficient with. But like Fatty a few posts up, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I don't mind firing in bursts at medium range, but I tend to end up in close quarters a lot and need to be able to full auto fire without being zoomed in(the UMP and SCAR are excellent choices for that). With the G3 I've come up on 3 enemies grouped up real close and unloaded all 20 rounds at less than 10 feet with nary a kill but the one they get from me.
            Last edited by Harlequin; 05-11-2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I also cannot hit anything with it, but it's a better choice than the Thompson.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Love the G3, stopped using it when it was nerfed. If they re-fixed it I might give it another shot. Now if only I could put a red dot on it or the M14 I would be a happy camper.
                |TG-Irr| D_Ronin
                sigpic
                "As the storm gathers, some run from the clouds in fear...Others prepare for the rain."

Comment

Ive been trying to get gold stars for all guns and I have to say that the g3 is just so awesomely AMAZINGLY SUPERCALAFRADGALISTICEXPIALADOCIOUSly......... not that amazing. Like a couple of people i just couldnt hit anything with, and the only reason like the OP said is my game style. I mean I spent about a week and a half getting all shotgun gold stars (something like 40 kills off for neosted), and shotguns are just about the complete opposite to the g3 lol. I got the M14 gold star, which I have to say *on hardcore* is a pretty damn decent gun, and I'm a bit of the way with the good ol' thompson. The G3 will probably be the last gold star i get lol, even after my hatred of many of the LMGs.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
                  "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

If you look at the stats, you'll see it's actually one of the most accurate weapons in the game, but you have to tap the fire key and learn the rhythm. You won't actually tap for each and every bullet, usually for 1, but maybe for 2/3 bullets, then release, then tap again. It's different from every other weapon in this regard, because the recoil is pretty bad after the initial shot - although it was reduced this last patch - If you can get down the tapping just right, so you're hitting your next mouse1 tap just as the reticule hits the original position, which it does quickly, it's ridiculously accurate at all distances.

Give it another whirl and really try to get good at the tapping and the rhythm.

It's really a level of skill that needs to be built up. I know we're all veterans here, and I'm not trying to toot my own horn, just help others, but after playing with it for hours and hours in Special Forces, I've got it down - and it feels exactly the same in BC2 - and it pwns - whereas on first glance, newer users to the weapon probably have a harder time.

Comment

My favorite strategy for the G3 is simply choosing another weapon - the UMP works fine for me with engi, and when I run recon I always go shotty anyways.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I enjoy the G3 for the simply fact that it's an assault rifle for every class and it's got some great stopping power. Rocking assault, but so is everyone else in your squad? Switch up your class, but don't sacrifice your rifle groove and pack the G3. Attacking team Engineer in Rush mode? G3. This role is what made the G3 for me. It also goes well with Recon, but often sniper rifles or would be a better fit, fun, but not always practical.

I don't get complaints about it's iron sight, it's so simple and straightforward. It's certainly not the best iron sight, but I mean it's not crazy bad.

Despite largely being a draw back, not having red dot or acog forces you to take an extra 'something' perk, which if anything should enable to one to at least perform their base class role exceptionally. :icon_razz

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                          [...] But like Fatty a few posts up [...]
                          I guess you had a clown for breakfast...ahaha...

Alyazir

Comment

Was wondering if you caught that...;)

Comment

G3 = Baur !

Can of worms opened ! Discuss !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server