This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Hopping

This was a valid tactic and considered by most to be part of the game when BF2 launched 5 years agou, yet they removed it from BF2 and I remember seeing some complaints about it. Just to define, it's switching squads when dead to spawn on another member of another squad rather than your own squad (SL in BF2) and from there you can either rejoin your original squad or stay in the new squad.

Although this is available in BC2, I hardly see anyone using it. However, it's won some games for me when I see some solo guy way behind enemy lines, and I'll join that squad when I'm dead, spawn on him, then rejoin my original squad and wait for them to spawn on me. Then we'll rush the enemies and MCOMs from behind and rack up massive kills while we plant.

Valid tactic - just considered cheap - or breaking the rules?

Re: Squad Hopping

I would say cheap tactic and if it's not against the rules it should be..
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Heh I've done that before. Helps me find the motivated people on random servers. Pretty cheap tactic if you are switching back to your original squad though. Wasn't it impossible to switch squads while dead in 2142?
      aka spartan421
      Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

If you get one guy behind enemy lines, and give him 30 seconds to hide, the whole team can spawn off of him. Not kosher, IMO. Not sure why DICE changed this back to BF2 1.0. I mean, we can't use text while we're dead because of ghosting concerns....never mind that any text ghosting is going to be virtually pointless. But we can by switching squads teleport the whole team around the map.....

Comment

Not cool, imo. I was hoping this would be removed from BETA but DICE thought otherwise.

Comment

I don't mind if you're hopping around trying to find a good squad, but it is kinda cheap if you're just doing it to get a spawn.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Yeah, don't do that please. We play to win through superior combat tactics, not by who can manipulate menu's better/faster.

Comment

Got a PM about this asking for clarification - So, to be clear, squad-hopping has NEVER been permissible in ANY of TG's Battlefield servers going back to BF2 :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X