Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip: explosive damage bleeds *through* solid obstacles.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip: explosive damage bleeds *through* solid obstacles.

In the previous BF games (BF2/BF2142), explosive damage would bleed *around* obstacles like a liquid.
    In BC2, explosive damage bleed around and *through* solid obstacles.

What does this mean?

For one, it means that if you are standing too close to a completely indestructible wall, you can still be killed by C4 detonated on the other side of that wall. The damage will "bleed through" that wall and hurt you.

In the previous BF games, if you placed 18 packs of C4, and just walked around the corner, you would be almost completely safe from the blast: the damage would be deflected around the solid cover.

Not so in BC2 -- damage will bleed through (as far as I've discovered) *all* cover, including rocks, trees, solid walls, destructible walls, and vehicles.

This means that MCOMs can be killed by placing enough C4 just outside the room and detonating it, meaning the C4 explosive damage bleeds through the walls and hurts the MCOM. This was true in BC2 beta, and ever since then.

A particularly handy application of this is Arica Harbor, Stage 2, Alpha MCOM. The MCOM is inside a "garage" and oftentimes, even getting near the garage is impossible, and if there is a dedicated squad of TG medics inside, it's very difficult to destroy the objective.

However, it's possible to kill the MCOM without entering the room. The garage ceiling is low enough that explosive damage will bleed through the ceiling of the room and damage the MCOM below. You need to put about 18-20 packs of C4 directly above the MCOM and you can kill it this way.
    Being a little off means you'll need to use more C4, of course, and to get in the right spot, you are on open ground where you can be seen (ie. someone has to cover your ass). Note that the max C4 each soldier can get is 6 -- this means you need at least 3 people with C4.

What does this mean for gameplay?
    It means the defenders can't dully pack 5 medics into the garage and hope to protect the objective. An actual defense is necessary, with recon balls, cleared buildings, and a perimeter around Alpha.

(PS: The 70th discovered this way of taking MCOMs a couple of days ago while playing around on an empty server. This is the product of our experimentation.)

Re: Tip: explosive damage bleeds *through* solid obstacles.

Wow... through the ceiling? I've taken damage from walls plenty of times, but I wouldn't have thought the ceiling at all.

Would destroying A on stage 2 through the ceiling be cheap? While it may initially seem that way, it doesn't sound that bad if it requires at least 20 packs of C4.

Comment

To make it clear: explosive damage bleeds through things, but what is affected on the other side is glitchy.
      Alvin is right in the main forums -- the damage that is bled through indestructible walls is "glitchy" -- that is, it only hurts MCOMs and not everything as you would expect.

Hence, I believe C4ing through indestructible walls is a glitch because the damage that bleeds through does different things to different objects.
      Consider this thread retracted. If an admin would close it, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Thats a shame, this could become a very interesting tactic if allowed :(

If not then I guess it is........

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
        If an admin would close it, I'd appreciate it.
        Troll time!

Glitch TROLL!!!!!one!!!!!eleven!!

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
          If an admin would close it, I'd appreciate it.
          Done.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X