TS meeting notes -- briefly.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS meeting notes -- briefly.

We've had a practice run on the 2nd server just now. Hats off to Troublesome for setting it all up.

Please forgive the sketchy nature of these notes -- I'm having a tough time remembering everything we've covered in the 1.5 hrs.
    Quick reminder -- team practice/meeting at 6PM Pacific, 9PM Eastern this Friday.

Both Maps:
    - Both maps: SLs assign people to run medic / balls / tracers/ engineer kits etc.
    - Both maps: heavy offense on Bravo, immediately pushing for 3rd flag.
    - Both maps: if Bravo is ours, IMMEDIATELY push 3rd flag, without stopping to do anything.
    - Both maps: QUADS/JEEPS/TRANSPORTS COME TO A FULL STOP BEFORE ANYONE BAILS FOR ANY REASON. No screw ups on this. We are practicing this again on Friday, at least 2x per side per map -- if we TK anyone on opening run, Zho will personally eat you with a bit of hot sauce on top.
    - Both maps: we spawn in on my / Troublesome's call, not before. This is to ensure everyone's machine has loaded the map. note to self: figure this out with Trouble / other team.

Map-specific:
    - Atacama: tanks *WAIT* until jeeps leave the main. Sit still and don't move. TKs are our worst enemy at round start.
    - White Pass: Zho leaves with Flip ASAP with light tank, taking the left side (on US) and right side on RU, to ensure jeep can get beside me and speed off when it needs to. Note to self: practice this on Friday.
    - White Pass: Tllyx does South, Abel North, holding each personally responsible for balls on N and S.
    - Atacama Desert: tanks capture flag closest to main (1 person per tank, Tllyx decides)
    - White Pass: Flip's squad 2 people capture flag closest to main
    - White Pass US: jeeps bail north of Bravo, not on main road.
    - White Pass RU: jeeps bail on main road, pray to live against the Bradley -- HIGHLY UGLY PUSH. RU is at a huge disadvantage -- need ideas to make this bearable.
    - Atacama: at least 2 tracers per squad. SLs responsible for calling this.
    - White pass: at least 1 ball per squad, SLs responsible for this.
    - Atacama: at least 1 engineer per squad, prefer 2, SLs again responsible for picking/assigning kits.
    - White Pass: Zho is doing Bradley off the bat with ALT-Fire against enemy light tank -- no one is in the tank except me and the gunner. Flip will ride with me to Bravo in the tank, Tllyx and Abel are doing quad to Bravo.

Contingencies: (what if we don't get Bravo)
    - If Bravo is not ours, push with smoke and medics to get Bravo
    - Be safe on pushing Bravo, and keep the push alive with medics
    - Atacama: If Bravo is not ours, Tllyx's tanks rush Bravo FLAG CAP radius immediately, with infantry pushing forward.
    - Atacama: Tllyx's tanks are on Bravo cap radius anyways as soon as they capture 1st flag from main
    - Both Maps: our attitude matters. Even if we lose, I'd rather lose while trying our best, instead of getting pissy at each other, or having a quiet TS channel. Be sure you're positive and participating during the scrim, no matter how south things go.

Admin things:
    - All of us in the same channel -- yay or nay? Likely to have all of us in the same channel for faster information spreading/absorption/co-ordination. Give me your ideas here if you think otherwise. If you want to bother with squad VOIP, also post that here -- default is to play the game like we play it on the CQ server.
    - Squads/squad leaders will change *wildly* over the coming days -- don't take it personally, and please bring it up with me if it's not to your liking. I *need* to assign SLs from people who show up to the practices because these forums just aren't an effective way to communicate.

That's all.

Re: TS meeting notes -- briefly.

Awesome thanks =D
    Sorry I only play Hardcore!

Pain and suffering are inevitable, misery is not!

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
      - All of us in the same channel -- yay or nay? Likely to have all of us in the same channel for faster information spreading/absorption/co-ordination. Give me your ideas here if you think otherwise. If you want to bother with squad VOIP, also post that here -- default is to play the game like we play it on the CQ server.
      I think you lose some of your squad cohesion if you don't have squad VOIP but also recognize that it is going to add complexity to the TS3 set up.

What I'd recommend is to leave it to the squads to decide if they want to set up their own whispers to each other. This can get squared away prior to scrim start. If there are any other effective means to get squad VOIP going then it would be good to share. :)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Sounds good

On the TS3 communication thing - someone posted somewhere on the main BC2 forums that it could be possible to have two windows of TS3 up at the same time, im guessing with different bindings for each. If so we could each have two copies of TS3 up, one in the overall team channel, and the other in the squad specific channel. Then before any orders or information given, you could say "TEAM" or "SQUAD", so the people receiving the info know whether it is specific to them or generalised.

"TEAM - tank east of b"
        "SQUAD - Blind take out the tank"
        "TEAM - Tank down"

Dont know really how practical this would be, or as i said if even possible but worth giving it a shot.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
        "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Comment

Sorry for missing the friday practice, I just noticed today that I was not actually accepted yet to this permission group so I was out in the cold when it came to planning.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...