Landmine questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landmine questions

I have a few questions about landmines, and I lack friends (...that play BC2) to test this with in game.

1. Explosive wise, how do they compare to C4?
    2a. Do they disappear after a given amount of time, like the ones in BF1942 did?
    2b. If I die, will they disappear quickly, like C4 does?
    2c. If I change kits (through spawning or stealing), will they disappear?
    3. Do they only go off when vehicles pass over them? Or can infantry trigger them as well?
    4. Is there anyway to disarm them other than shooting them?

Thanks in advance for the help with any/all of these questions. I did try to search, but nothing came up with 'landmine' under BC2...unless I am blind and didn't see it :-p

Re: Landmine questions

1. Explosive wise they are equal to C4 from what i have witnessed a single AT mine can almost take out a MBT

2. The time allowed for them i do not currently know of but i think they last for a set time (need to find out)
    b. If you die after placeing AT mines they do not leave untill you have placed more AT mines or they have been exploded or a enemy vech has run over them.
    c. Changeing kits does not make your mines dissapear as far as i know of.

3. Only vechs can trigger At mines

4. Shooting is the only way to dissarm a enemy AT mine from what i have seen and know.
    |TG-73rd|BloodDrops2094
    Le Mans 24 hour race attendee - 2010

Former |TG-Irr| and |TG-18th| member and proud of each of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodDrops2094 View Post
      1. Explosive wise they are equal to C4 from what i have witnessed a single AT mine can almost take out a MBT
      I don't have hard evidence to support this, but I believe the blast radius of the AT mines is greater than C4 and I would say that usually one mine will take down any armored vehicles...from my experience

2. The time allowed for them i do not currently know of but i think they last for a set time (need to find out)
      b. If you die after placeing AT mines they do not leave untill you have placed more AT mines or they have been exploded or a enemy vech has run over them.
      c. Changeing kits does not make your mines dissapear as far as i know of.
      I have placed AT mines at the beginning of a round and then received kills from those same mines after switching kits, dieing several times and re-spawning with different kits, then received kills from those mines towards the end of a round

3. Only vechs can trigger At mines

4. Shooting is the only way to dissarm a enemy AT mine from what i have seen and know.
      Soldiers on foot do not trigger mines, they can be destroyed if hit perfectly with gunfire, or if within the radius of a grenade, C4 or another AT detonation blast.

There is a radius that triggers the AT mine, vehicles do not have to run directly over them, friendly vehicles will not trigger them, but there is no way (that I know of) to distinguish between friendly and enemy AT mines. I do know you can spot the mines and you at least get an audible warning, I don't know if the mine shows up on the mini map (I don't believe it does). While friendly vehicles will not detonate AT mines, friendly gunfire and explosions can detonate your mines and damage team vehicles, meaning if a friendly tank has backed into your minefield and an enemy 40mm's close enough to detonate one of your AT mines, it will show that you TK'd the vehicle and any soldiers that die.....best to let your team know where you are mining, AT mines can be very difficult to spot.
      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Found an AT mine guide while looking for maps:
        http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ine-guide.html

Originally posted by Ubernoobie View Post
        1. Explosive wise, how do they compare to C4?
        From personal experience (and experiments) you can C4 one side of a vehicle and detonate it on the other side safely. Mines have a bigger blast radius but seem to do the same damage.

2a. Do they disappear after a given amount of time, like the ones in BF1942 did?
        2b. If I die, will they disappear quickly, like C4 does?
        2c. If I change kits (through spawning or stealing), will they disappear?
        Per the guide, you get 3 or 6 mines (Extra Explosives) per soldier. They don’t disappear until they detonate or you put more down. Extra Explosives Power (EEP) is tied to your current kit, not the kit used to lay the mines down and the author (MyNameIsInUse) recommends not using EEP.

Like Catman1975; I’ve died, respawned with a different kit and still gotten kills from my mines.

3. Do they only go off when vehicles pass over them? Or can infantry trigger them as well?
        Enemy vehicles passing within 1/2 meter radius, I’m not sure it it’s from the center of the mine or the edge.

4. Is there anyway to disarm them other than shooting them?
        From personal experience; the repair tool is not a DEFUSER and WILL set off the mine(s). Grenade, rocket, mortar, C4, shell, etc… will cause sympathetic detonation of the mine(s) with in their blast radius. Mines having a greater radius may sympathetly daisy chain (BOOM, BIG BOOM).

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
        There is a radius that triggers the AT mine, vehicles do not have to run directly over them, friendly vehicles will not trigger them, but there is no way (that I know of) to distinguish between friendly and enemy AT mines. I do know you can spot the mines and you at least get an audible warning, I don't know if the mine shows up on the mini map (I don't believe it does). While friendly vehicles will not detonate AT mines, friendly gunfire and explosions can detonate your mines and damage team vehicles, meaning if a friendly tank has backed into your minefield and an enemy 40mm's close enough to detonate one of your AT mines, it will show that you TK'd the vehicle and any soldiers that die.....best to let your team know where you are mining, AT mines can be very difficult to spot.
        From the "Anti-Tank Mine Guide"
        Differentiating Enemy and friendly mines

As I'm sure you already know, mines are not marked friend or foe.

There are a few ways to tell though to make sure you don’t end up getting killed, or destroying friendly mines:

Hover your crosshair over them, if it disappears, they belong to your team.

Spot them with the Socialize button (default Q) if they are enemy mines the in-game voice-over's *should* say "enemy mines here!" or something to that effect. *This doesn't always work*

Recon class Motion sensors will light up enemy mines on the mini-map within its radius once thrown. The Vehicle Sensor Package will also do this, but drive carefully!

If you’re still not sure you can always shoot them to be 100% sure. Fire ONE bullet directly at the mine, the in-game voice-over's will tell you if they are enemy mines. TRY not to accident blow up your teams mines using this method

I have a few questions about landmines, and I lack friends (...that play BC2) to test this with in game.
        Post a message in the BC2 main forum asking for volunteers to do tests. Using one of the empty TG servers is best since you can request its use from the admin staff and have it passworded. Else others may join, thinking you are seeding the server and create mindless mayhem (others joining may be confused as to why friendly and enemy soldiers are standing around and not shooting each other – personal experience).

Comment

Thank you for the help. My first spawn kit is now landmines, then I go about everything else. It is proving to be highly useful and keeping armor down!

Comment

They are proximity mines so contact with vehicle/armor is not required. Not sure how near a vehicle has to be for the mines to detonate. Infantry making contact or being within the proximity limit of the mines will not set off the mines.

Place 2 mines near each other and they destroy any armor/vehicle. Remember you can carry six which gives some flexibility for mine placement.
            "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
            "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

You can shoot them when infantry walks by to make them explode. (Sniper Rifles)

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...