Entering emeny spawn are in Rush Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering emeny spawn are in Rush Mode

This question I ask, when is it OK to enter the enemy spawn area in Rush mode?

This Friday I was accused of Spawn camping. Was not named but the comment was made by the opposing side that they "did not appreciate spawn campers". The game and map in question was RUSH and the enemy had just taken the Lighthouse area. I was on the defending side. The attackers had just started using the Bradley to hammer our positions. Now I've just started using the Engineer kit so I had mines set out on the main road for the Bradley but it would not come down and play. Noooo! I would have to come to it.

After two deaths, I managed to make it up to the crest with three other players and got to meet Zhohar. (He did not survive the encounter!) Made it past the big boulder and seen that the Bradley had been destroyed and was on fire. Looking around I found two enemy 4-wheelers zipping past so I dispatched them.

It's odd that once your up in the enemy spawn area they dont tend to see you. I was not up there to cause problems but I feel that anyone shooting down at your friends is fair game. Like the enemy at the stationary AT emplacement. Yep, took his tags too! And anyone foolish to shoot at OldGunney! About this time I ran out zip gun ammo and just wanted to survive. I knew that if I ran back down I would be shot in the back, so I just ran away to the side. Anytime you shoot someone in Conquest mode, they spawn back in at their flag and start looking for you! But alas, someone finally spotted me, bleeding profusely and trying to reload my pistol.

Now, no one in my squad spawned on me, BlackSheep can attest to that, he was in my squad. But this makes me wonder if maybe the enemy spawn area is open to attack by defenders. It's not shaded to us, at least it wasn't for me.

What are your opinions on this? Should OldGunney be demoted and a star removed? Or maybe a pat on the back?

Gunney

lol .... forgot to reread the thread title for spelling! How do I correct the thread subject line! SOmebody give me an enema!
    Last edited by OldGunney; 06-14-2010, 10:13 PM.

Re: Entering emeny spawn are in Rush Mode

This topic was discussed at great length a while ago in this thread.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...cuss-here.html

The server rules were updated to be more specific. There is no official UCB in Rush.

5) Uncapturable bases (UCBs) are out-of-bounds for enemy forces. [conquest only]

On Conquest maps, you may NOT enter [walk/run/swim/drive/fly] into the enemy UCB for ANY reason. This rule exists to promote game-play that's focused around capturing & defending flags. It also preserves both sides' ability to reinforce throughout the round by preventing vehicles from being stolen.

For Rush and other game modes, there are no out-of-bounds areas aside from those imposed by the game.

Comment

Gunney,

You should ask yourself: By entering and spawn camping deployment (it is allowed on rush mode). Are you really defending the mcoms? I would say no. Today's games included a great example of this with two rounds on Valparaiso. When my team was assaulting, the defenders kept camping the deployment area. This allowed other squads on the team to destroy each mcom with inconsistent resistance from the defending team. Large numbers of spawn campers will probably not prevent the destruction of mcoms.

Helm AB
      "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
      "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoredBear View Post
        Gunney,

You should ask yourself: By entering and spawn camping deployment (it is allowed on rush mode). Are you really defending the mcoms? I would say no. Today's games included a great example of this with two rounds on Valparaiso. When my team was assaulting, the defenders kept camping the deployment area. This allowed other squads on the team to destroy each mcom with inconsistent resistance from the defending team. Large numbers of spawn campers will probably not prevent the destruction of mcoms.

Helm AB
        That is the whole team staying in the enemies UCB. One sexy ninja such as gunny who can sneak back and rambo knife a bunch of people attacking from their UCB probably helped more then it hurt. It is all based on what the situation is, sometimes it can helpful, other times it can hurt. Oh yea and Gunny, there are no "UCB"s persay in rush mode so it is not against the rules.

PS: Gunny your tags will be mine.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Napoleon View Post
          That is the whole team staying in the enemies UCB. One sexy ninja such as gunny who can sneak back and rambo knife a bunch of people attacking from their UCB probably helped more then it hurt. It is all based on what the situation is, sometimes it can helpful, other times it can hurt. Oh yea and Gunny, there are no "UCB"s persay in rush mode so it is not against the rules.

PS: Gunny your tags will be mine.
          I should have made it clear that a large number of defenders were still in the deployment area. Not one or two.

Still not sure how much value there is running around deployment solo.

Comment

I liked this best:

meet Zhohar. (He did not survive the encounter!)

We should create a "I KILLED ZHOHAR TODAY" blogg - or even ask EA to add an Achievement for this :)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoredBear View Post
              Gunney,

You should ask yourself: By entering and spawn camping deployment (it is allowed on rush mode). Are you really defending the mcoms? I would say no.
              Helm AB
              Oh, but I was! That Bradley was pounding our MCOMs and so was that enemy at the stationary AT emplacement! If I'm not mistaken, I beleive that we did win that round and my 8 kill streak up there added to their demise.

Comment

Personally i'm glad we allow it as nothing seems sillier than having to pull a Holy Grail (run awaaayyyy!!!) as soon as you lose the MCOMs.

As I think was covered in the other thread, you can't have your whole team harrassing the attackers in the spawn area or you'll quickly lose, but a couple of OldNinjas or a good squad can
                make life miserable for the attacking team AND whittle away at quite a few tickets - the Z that shall not be named and his boys are VERY good at this.

You do have to be careful on other servers though - I've been kicked several times for spawn harrassment.

BTW, speaking of Z, I learned a hard lesson last night - never follow him into a MCOM shed hoping for an easy kill. By the time you realize he's not in there, the C4 has already gone BOOM. He did eat my AN94 a couple times later on though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyramion View Post
                  I liked this best:

We should create a "I KILLED ZHOHAR TODAY" blogg - or even ask EA to add an Achievement for this :)
                  I kill Zhohar all the time. It's pretty easy when you're in the same squad.

Comment

And as for entering the enemy base on rush... If you can determine that it is more beneficial to do so, go for it. It's all situational.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                      Oh, but I was! That Bradley was pounding our MCOMs and so was that enemy at the stationary AT emplacement! If I'm not mistaken, I beleive that we did win that round and my 8 kill streak up there added to their demise.
                      I think we talking about two different things here and it was my mistake not to make that clear. My argument was large numbers of defenders camping the deployment probably provides the assaulting team a much better chance of destroying the mcoms. Your situation involved removing the threat of the Bradley and no one should complain that you entered deployment to achieve that objective.

Comment

Ugh, Necro-horse is scary.

Few things to keep in mind if you and/or your squad wants to infiltrate the enemy spawn:

1) No spawning on each other. Typically speaking, you won't be able to get very far out of the defender spawn before you can no longer spawn on each other, so a medic or 2 become necessary. Also there's a reason your squad didn't spawn on you in your story, they couldn't :p

2) Make sure your team is capable of a strong enough defense in your absence, taking away 25% of your team's manpower can be catastrophic in tight games. Less impact if your flying solo, but also much dimmer chances of success.

3) Try to vary your targets. This is more of a gentlemanly thing to do, but you are less likely to be accused of spawn camping if your killing multiple targets in multiple positions, your job should be harassment.

A brief read through of the thread jb4 posted outlines a lot of sentiments and scenarios on the issue as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tllyx View Post
                          I kill Zhohar all the time. It's pretty easy when you're in the same squad.

Who is Zhohar (Sorry for my noobiness)

Comment

Zhohar is one hairy dude.. :P
                            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Xproplayer..it is not Zhohar...it IS "THE " Zhohar. You will learn over time ...grasshopper.
                              sigpic
                              *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X