Map tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map tactics

Arica Harbor Conquest (Thanks Siker), US starts at the top of a ridgeline overlooking the objectives, the Russians/whoever start at the train and vehicle bridges. The objectives, A,B, and C, are on a main road through the middle of a town. The objectives are fairly close together.

This idea came to me one night while I was trying to seed the server running around the map looking at the objectives from different angles and whatnot. I found a huge advantage for the US side, I think.

Minimum Required Squads: 3

Squad One: Overwatch
    2 medium to long range marksmen. Must have Mortar.
    1 Medic/Defib
    1 Assault/ammo

Squad Two: Shore Side Building Sweep.
    4 Varies on Personal preference.

Squad Three: Ridgeline Side Building Sweep.
    4 Varies on Personal preference.

Tactics:
    As the US team comes down the ridgeline towards the objectives. Overwatch takes the large building under construction nearest to their UCB (it's seriously the closest and tallest building to the UCB) and immediately starts calling targets and forcing the enemy to take cover and not rush the flags. On the top floor the marksmen can setup so that one is covering the buildings ridge side, and the other covers the shore side buildings. Both cover the objectives. On the floors below, the medic and assault should setup so that one is facing each approach to the building. Now, each of the Sweeper teams moves through the buildings to the objectives under the direction of the overwatch team. A and B should be able to be held through most of the round. C should be where the main fighting happens and should be the focus of the Sweeper teams. The Sweeper teams should work on maintaining B and C, letting the Overwatch team maintain A.

The recons, from Overwatch, can get sensor balls close to B. Also, with the distruction of one building on the ridgeline side, they can get clear shots on all three objectives. Overwatch can also lob Nades into A itself without leaving their position. Medic does the needful, and the Assault keeps the recons stocked on recon balls. Use the Mortars to destroy any buildings behind C to keep the enemy from having high ground. Force them into the buildings where the sweeper teams are waiting.

If there are more then 3 full squads, each additional squad reinforces one of the Sweeper squads, starting with the Shore side first. Main reason being there is more open room to move on that side.

Biggest problem is going to be maintaining Overwatch with enemy marksmen. Another problem is the enemy flooding one side with all their forces. Best bet is for recons to see the move and Mortar strike the most logical place where they might gather while engaging the Sweeper teams.

Just wanted to put this out for review, and if someone knows which map this is, please post it so I can change the title of this thread.
    Last edited by Xen; 07-27-2010, 02:59 PM. Reason: Map Clarifaction and General Info.
    sigpic

Re: Map tactics

The map you're thinking of is Arica Harbor Conquest.

You might want to be more specific about the "large building under construction", as there is also one by C. Though it's obvious which one you're talking about after reading the whole post, I was very confused at the start.

Comment

Arica Harbor Conquest Continued...

General Tacticial Idea:
      Communication between sweeper teams is a must. At the start of the round, unless battlefield conditions dictate a change later, communicate which sweeper team is going to capture Objective B. Objective A should be taken care of by the Overwatch team. After choosing which sweeper team captures the flag, the other provides cover fire and work towards the capturing C from their side. Once Objective B is Captured, that team moves up sweeping their side to provide cover fire while the other team captures Objective C.

Communication between Overwatch team and the Sweeper teams should be kept to a minimum. Number or otherwise make know which marksman is covering which side, this will prove benefitial later. Overwatch team should Q-Spot everything they see. An easy way to keep chatter to a minimum while wanting to mark enemy positions in buildings/defenses, drop mortars on the building/defenses. Obviously, communicate with your team beforhand. Something simple, as "Shore side Marking Building close to your position, One squad spotted". Short, strait forward message, that lets your team know that a building close by is getting shelled and why. With the distruction of some of the cover, the Sweeper team can clear the building, knowing what to look for. By doing this, it can keep the Com's chatter down so that the sweeper teams can cordinate movement and cover easier.

More to try out, enjoy.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh, now I know why this is so confusing. You have the flags mixed up. C is the closest flag to the US UCB, not A.

Comment

Thanks, I was playing today and confirmed it, A and C need to be switched in the above posts.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X