Knifes and Pistols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knifes and Pistols

Before I begin, I want to confess I am bad at BC2. However, I am working at getting better. I have also found a few threads that ask similar questions of 'what can I do to improve'. This said, I wanted to share something I have found to be of great help to me in recent days; knife and pistol servers w/ iron sights.

There are a few of these servers out there, and most of them have very good custom admin scripting to keep everything working well. Focusing on these weapons has helped my aim, my understanding of maps (when/where to hide, good cover, etc), and helped my reaction time. These are all things I tend to have issues with when playing the main servers, and I have found it hard to improve while dodging rockets and full auto spray-and-pray.

The nearest compassion I can make is the Anime DBZ. You are Goku, booking your way across the universe to namek, training at 100 times earth's gravity. It's hard, it sucks, but when you land you are all 'Lol, I best'.

Silly comparisons aside, it's helpful. If you are bored, check them out.

Re: Knifes and Pistols

They're also against the ToS and likely to get your stats wiped.

The best place to hone personal skill is squad deathmatch. You don't have to worry about objectives, just killing the enemy and honing your small-unit tactics.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Well poop.

I can see how such servers can be attributed to stat padding, and now I feel a little bit dirty for not noting this before. Sadly, I come from a time before the 'ranks' and 'achievements' that seem oh so loved in recent years, so things like this sometimes go above and beyond me notice.

Now that I think about it, it is a little bit sad. If this was an unranked server this wouldn't be a issue. Sadly, if you are unranked you can not run PB, and I do not think any server would really want to run without PB on; as buggy as it can be.

I have decided to take up your suggestion on the squad death match, but I do not seem to be having as much luck with it as I would hope. Every match I have joined has been various squads of recon camping in the tress, and trying to snipe whoever happens to mistakenly venture in to their line of sight. However, I will keep trying, knowing this is sometimes the case with CQ and Rush as well. Maybe I have just had a bad run of luck.

Thank you for alerting me to my error! See you on the killing fields.

Comment

The best experience is to grab 3 friends and squad up. The teamwork resulting from having to fight enemies on all fronts is a real learning experience, and quite a bit of fun.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

SDM is what I play almost exclusively because I rarely find a squad in conquest that will work together consistently. Excellent place to learn the maps and weapons.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X