Last Patch ruined me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Patch ruined me.

I cannot get my FPS above 40. I have updated GPU drivers, I've turned all my settings from medium ish to low as they go, I've forced DX9, run every malware scanner I have.

Can anyone help me?

I have a Q6600, not overclocked; an ATI HD 4870, an 4GB of RAM. I've always been able to run this game with decent settings on decent framerate. It's not just on the new maps either, all the maps chug.

Re: Last Patch ruined me.

Run some utilities to measure resource utilization while you play.

The built in windows performance monitor program is good for CPU and RAM and I use GPU-z for the graphics card. The 2.4Ghz on your CPU may be holding you back. If the performance monitors suggest the same you could try upping the clock speed to see if it makes a difference. Should be fairly easy.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I was hoping there was something I was overlooking settings wise. I've never OC'ed and there is no way I can afford a new rig if I blow this one up. So I'd rather exhaust all other options.

Comment

I have a similar system to yours but with a quad core cpu. Have you tried a bit of system maintenence ie defrag, cleanup etc?

Have you changed your 3D settings in the Catalyst Centre to performance?

You could try your internet connection too.

If you want to try basic overclocking your graphics, the Catalyst centre has an autotune feature under ATI overdrive which will do it for you. It won't massively change your settings but it might be a start (it doesn't change my settings much but keep an eye on it just in case).

My system is a 512MB 4870, 4GB RAM and a Phenom 9850. I've had no problems with BC2.
        We are not apologetic for who we are. What we can do, however, is educate people so that they fear us for the right reasons.

Comment

I've run all the system maintenance things. Defrag, chkdesk, etc. Just changed the settings in 3D Catalyst.

I know it's the patch, because I've been able to run the game quite well before the patch on medium/high settings. I've taken an enormous hit in performance. Really is pissing me off, I don't understand how exactly DICE is so bad at simple QA.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Britt! Problem showed up after the last patch. I may go back to 2142 if I can not figure what's going on. I've got a GeForce 250 with 3 gig of ram and a dual core processor. I'm getting 22 fps and seems to scroll ok if there are only 20 or less players. More than that and I lag big time. If server is full the only hope is to lob some nades in!

Had similar problem but worse before I got the latest drivers for my card and then it cleared up. I wonder if the new gun skins is what giving us the fits?

Comment

Britt, I'm having the same exact issues. In the last three weeks I seem to have constant latency, not so much lag but every time I do something on my end it takes a fraction of a second longer for me to see it in game. I really have a problem any time I'm shooting at a moving target and the closer the person is when they're moving the worse the problem. I've tried compensating for the issue but I can't seem to get the correction down right and it seems to change. I've done everything, update drivers, defrag, ran a full virus scan, my dl speed is 25mbps, I don't know what the problem is.

System specs just in case you're wondering,

Windows 7, 64 bit
              Dual Core 2.4ghz
              4 gigs ram
              ATI Radeon HD 5700

It's possible my system just isn't handling the graphics but at this point the only reasonable upgrade would be my CPU to a quad core, which I can do on my system.

Comment

Well, that answers my thought about changing over to Windows 7! Guess that would not help me either.

System Specs are,

Windows XP
                ASUS M2N-SLI motherboard
                Dual core 2.8 ghz each
                3 gig ram PC6400 DDR2 800 MHz
                GeForce GTS 250 graphics card 1 gig on board ram

Been trying to see if the graphics card is being bogged down by changing from low to high and I do see a big difference. Gets a lot worse! Frame rate stays the same at about 22 but screen is very jerky. You would think that the FPS would be lower at that setting. My EVGA Precision utility reports GPU usage at 30%. I think something else is effecting us. Maybe the graphics card is having to do more memory accessing when more action is going on.
                Last edited by OldGunney; 12-09-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Gunney, I do notice that when I'm at close range with another player and they move side to side it's pretty much impossible for me to hit them and it gets a bit jerky. I haven't bothered to check my fps but I'm guessing it's going to be low like yours. I think whatever it is they did in the latest patch is what's causing it, however my problems started a week or so before I dl'd the new map packs. Did they do a pre-install before that? I suppose it's possible some dl we had prior to the actual big dl had something to do with it but I don't know.

Comment

This issue also started with last patch for . Mostly not playable.

Quad core extreme, 4 G ram, win 7 ultimate 64bit.

This rig has been running the game awesome until last patch.
                    sigpic
                    *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

The Vietnam game is not effecting me as much as regular BFBC2. Getting framerates in the 30's whereas it was in the 20's for BFC2!

Comment

I'm gonna chalk this issue up to the actual game and not people's systems. It seems to be Bob has a pretty nice system and he's experiencing the same thing and my system was running great until the patch.

Comment

I just wonder if it has to do with the internet packet size and number of packets per second. What software do we have out there that is free that could test this?

Comment

Well I can officially say the last patch is the reason for the problem. I just upgraded my system

Windows 7 64-bit
                            i5 2500k
                            8 gigs DDR3 1600
                            128gig SSD
                            ATI 5750
                            FIOS

I'm still having issues with the hit boxes and the game just seems overall sluggish to me.

Comment

After the last patch I have been riding ~700 ping average.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...