Random Shutdowns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Shutdowns

So my game randomly shuts down. No errors, no lock ups... just shuts down. This could be in-game, when the map is loading or whenever. I very well meet the system requirements of this game(i7 [email protected] and GTX580). I have tried WHQL Nividia drivers as well as beta drivers and I still have the issue. Any idea what I can due to fix this? Note, that I have heard of BFBC2 having issues with a processor that's overclocked but it's strange that so many people with an overclock are not having problems.

A.E.K.Δ.B.

Re: Random Shutdowns

4.6GHz!?!?!?!?!?!? holy crap! :icon_lol:

uh, have you tried running at stock speeds on both the GPU and CPU?

Comment

My game also crashes like that, but that only happens 3-4 times a week. How often does your game crash?
      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

I crash like that, Zhohar crash like that, Voodoo crashes like that and some of the people at =E= have the same problem.

I don't think there is any fix for it just restart the game and pray for BF3 to be released..
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Maybe your new build is to good for the game (am jealous of it though). I have a 2 1/2 year old system that can only play at medium settings and I haven't experienced the game crashes that I have heard about from friends and on the forums. I think I have had 2 ctd's (that didn't have to do with anything else) since I started playing.

I was playing with a few of guys yesterday that had high end gaming rigs and 2 of them keep crashing. Maybe Whiskey's idea is worth a shot to provide a baseline to go off of.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            4.6GHz!?!?!?!?!?!? holy crap! :icon_lol:

uh, have you tried running at stock speeds on both the GPU and CPU?
            Fall3n's Comp.jpg

Yeah, I've dialed everything back to stock and it's the same and it occurs just as frequently. I've had a stable overclock of 5.1Ghz @ Prime95 stable for 24hrs. But for 24/7 use I use 4.6Ghz, figure that's enough for my needs lol.

Originally posted by Lien View Post
            My game also crashes like that, but that only happens 3-4 times a week. How often does your game crash?
            If I played say 3 hours in a day, it would happen probably 3-5 times. So it's quite frequent.
            Last edited by Kappa; 04-02-2011, 02:23 PM.
            A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

I usually crash right after initial map load
              sigpic

Comment

It may be due to lost data packet while you are playing game. I've had my computer shut down also, but only once a week on average. Just got a new DSL modem to cure my dropped Internet connection and I do see a difference. I was in one game a few days ago and observed the game suddenly drop to a crawl, but system picked back up.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                  It may be due to lost data packet while you are playing game. I've had my computer shut down also, but only once a week on average. Just got a new DSL modem to cure my dropped Internet connection and I do see a difference. I was in one game a few days ago and observed the game suddenly drop to a crawl, but system picked back up.
                  Thing is, the internet doesn't drop. The game just executes itself to my desktop without warning. But still, this is something I'll look into even though I haven't had any issues with other games.
                  A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Originally posted by Fall3n View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8339[/ATTACH]
                    I hate you; please die*. Also, please post a bigger screenshot -- it was difficult to make out the envious rage-inducing numbers.

Also also: That is an absolutely stupefyingly awesome background. Where did it come from, if you don't mind sharing?

Nothing useful to add on the actual problem, I'm afraid.

*not really

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                    --BlackMirror
                    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                    --Blackraven93

Comment

OldGunney could read that even with his old eyes! (of course i'm using my ipad and can expand the screen.). Am I reading the CPU stat correct in that his frontside band is only 100mhz? Mine is setting at 200 and I tthink I'll need more for bf3!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
                        I hate you; please die*. Also, please post a bigger screenshot -- it was difficult to make out the envious rage-inducing numbers.

Also also: That is an absolutely stupefyingly awesome background. Where did it come from, if you don't mind sharing?

Nothing useful to add on the actual problem, I'm afraid.

*not really

Sorry for the small screenshot. TG kept resizing it to a 101kb file. Not sure how to get around that unless I went through image hosting. Also, the background came from Nvidia's website actually. They have a few nice ones over there, but I particularly liked the one that I you saw.

Edit: That picture should be better :)

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                        OldGunney could read that even with his old eyes! (of course i'm using my ipad and can expand the screen.). Am I reading the CPU stat correct in that his frontside band is only 100mhz? Mine is setting at 200 and I tthink I'll need more for bf3!
                        You are correct with the 100mhz on the bus speed. Sandy Bridge gets most of it's overclocking but upping the multiplier. So I can have a stable multiplier of 46x(100Mhz Bus) to get 4.6Ghz and so forth. I've seen some people with bad Sandy Bridge chips get around a stuck low multi by giving it slightly more bus speed, but most people leave it at roughly 100mhz. Also, you added earlier that an unstable modem could be the issue. I actually set up a new one today and played a couple hours without issue. Gonna play some more later to see if I encounter the same problems before or not. Thanks :D
                        A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Not sure if this is related. My rig, well is dirt compaired to yours Fallen. OCing GPU an CPU with rediculous mods to the case air flow and fans make it playable on medium settings. Don't know how, don't ask why. But... I got on for the first time in about 2 weeks, fo more than a few mins, and played or tried to play for awhile, approximately 2 hrs or so and crashed/executed itself back to desk top 5 times. Checked PB manual update but nothing, noticed alot of hickups though on EAs side with really bad server lag, more so than normal. Maybe its on EAs side?

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

I ran into a minor PB problem last week, downloaded/updated PB, problem solved.

I did note a few nights ago, every single time the server balanced, and threw squads to the other side, I crashed out of the game. Immediately, no error msg, just BAM, desktop. Restarted, got back in just fine.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

In all likelihood the crashes you're experiencing are the same that many others have been experiencing. Personally, BC2 crashes to desktop for me once or twice a night. I just load it back up and start playing again. Usually after the first crash the game will run without issue for a long time before it crashes again, though on particularly bad nights I've had BC2 crash to desktop 3 times in the same round. It's just the game, not your computer.
                              "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X