PB Kick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB Kick

PB Kick for Memory Errors, though I grabbed a print screen but when I went to paste into paint it was blank.

Memory x80000 or some such address. Does this mean I may need to test my ram?
    USAR

Re: PB Kick

Update PB manually it should fix it
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I had issues with the macros on my keyboard. Since I do not even use them, I just disabled them and that ended my PB kicks.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

PB Losing Key Packets kick 5 times last night. Update PB, doesn't seem to help. Just kicked from a Vietnam non-TG server this morning.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Originally posted by thedogwarrior View Post
          PB Losing Key Packets kick 5 times last night. Update PB, doesn't seem to help. Just kicked from a Vietnam non-TG server this morning.
          This used to happen frequently with me, I ended up starting a support ticket with PB, after 3 weeks of sending them code they said it was a known issue and would be fixed in the next patch. This was 8 months ago. I still get it now and again and have put it down to poor internet connection or a ping spike on certain servers. There seems to be no known work around for it. Just keep playing and hope it doesn't drive you nuts. :D
          sigpic

Comment

I love the PB support doc on this issue, basically says to review "other software" on your system and "make adjustments" until the problem goes away. I understand lost packets, but the problem creeping up suddenly (at least 3-4 times a night in the last 2 weeks) whereas before I was rock solid for months. So, the problem is either with PB, with my ISP, or potentially other software, but I believe I've ruled that out - or I thought I had.

I did come across another post related to PB issues/lost packets, and it happened to mention a utility I run, one that I just recently highly recommended to OldGunney on this forum: Tune Up Utilities. (www.tune-up.com). It's a great suite, for maintaining your system, etc. but includes a tool call Live Optimization. Apparently this will monitor running apps and services, and if something starts taking a lot of memory in the background, it will drop its priority.

A post I found detailed this (I cannot find it, didn't bookmark it, and can't Google it at all, sorry). I modified Live Opt to leave running processes alone, and so far so good.

Also, instead of just running pbsetup.exe, I did find the download for the Evenbalance app to check the PB Services, which are required on Vista and Win7 I believe. It actually verified that pnkbstrA and B are running and communicating as they should through your firewall. http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

I played for an hour or so last night with no problems, so I'm hoping my issue is resolved.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X