FPS rate drop: Not sure there is an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS rate drop: Not sure there is an answer

I have exhausted every other avenue and so I thought I would make a post about my problem.

I play BC2 with the minimum requirements. I usually get 0-high 30s fps. I realize my hardware struggles with this game and I expect drops in FPS rate and screen freezes when the action intensifies.

Now something has changed. My framerate now hovers around 20 and below. A lot of the time the action on my monitor looks like slow motion. The frame rate at this point is about 15 and below.

I have reinstalled everything on to my computer and checked with my ISP to make sure everything is running okay.

Also, I notice when the slow motion play appears my ping spikes about 50-75ms. I know part of that could be my hardware struggling to catch up but it has seemed to have worsened in the last couple of weeks,

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Just had another thought. Could wear and tear on the graphic card create this problem. Although I don't play it very often bf2142 has not displayed the same fps rate drop. I briefly played it a few days ago.
    Last edited by AbRocinante; 05-27-2011, 01:57 AM.
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: FPS rate drop: Not sure there is an answer

just started playing bc2 again the other. I noticed some difference in the game FPS also. Nothing has changed on my end, not sure either.

Comment

Check your outside phone jack box and make sure it's not wet inside it. Wet phone connections gave me problems awhile back.

Could be ur ISP not providing enough throughput. Have you checked DSL reports recently?

Comment

There was a game update a while back that had drastic affect on in game performance. I have found no solution that doesn't include a hardware change.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X