BF BC2 blue-screening me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF BC2 blue-screening me

I've been getting BSODs while playing BC2 in multiplayer. It only happens in BC2, no other games, and specifically in the multiplayer game, single player runs fine. I've had BC2 for some time but only fired up the multiplayer for the first time the other day. I assume it has something to do with how the game is transferring data; I tried turning off Windows Firewall but it didn't do any good. Has anyone else had this problem? It crashes quickly enough that the game is pretty much unplayable.

Here is my system specs:

Windows 7 64-bit

i5-2500k @ 3.30 gigs
    8 gigs RAM
    Geforce 570 - 4gigs RAM

Any help would be appretiated. Thanks in advance.

edit: Also, it is the Direct2Drive version of the game with Vietnam enabled.
    TrippyD (BF2142)

Jayton Mulo (Eve-TGULT)

Re: BF BC2 blue-screening me

Have you checked with EVGA to see if you are using the latest drivers with your GeForce 570 card?

Comment

I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers after it first happened. It didn't make a difference though. Anyway, I didn't think it was a graphical issue as the single player game runs fine. Also, there is no graphical artifacting before the blue screen occurs, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with whats going on onscreen (even alone on a server it will blue screen in about the same amount of time, around five minutes).

Unfortunately I don't know much about internet connections to really do anything about it. However my motherboard (onboard ethernet) drivers are up to date and all other online games run fine.
      TrippyD (BF2142)

Jayton Mulo (Eve-TGULT)

Comment

Try making some changes to your Settings.ini file under your /my Documents/BFBC2 folder

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/attachm...8&d=1270727829

Also, go into the NVIDA control panel and set Global settings Anisotropic to 16x, Antialiasing to 16x and Vertical sync to Force off.

Comment

Some of your files may be corrupted...

Go to Start > type 'cmd' and press enter... In the new command prompt window type chkdsk /F exactly the way I typed it. It will ask you if you want to schedule the scan for the next time your PC starts... type Y, press enter, and then restart your computer. Your computer should scan for corrupted disk sectors and files and fix them automatically.

[ Official 3rd Special Forces Detachment (SFD) Member ]

Comment

Originally posted by TrippyD View Post
            I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers after it first happened. It didn't make a difference though. Anyway, I didn't think it was a graphical issue as the single player game runs fine. Also, there is no graphical artifacting before the blue screen occurs, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with whats going on onscreen (even alone on a server it will blue screen in about the same amount of time, around five minutes).

Unfortunately I don't know much about internet connections to really do anything about it. However my motherboard (onboard ethernet) drivers are up to date and all other online games run fine.
            Its not your connection, its something In the launch settings. Can you get to the log in screen? More details please.

sent by a large bird with a stone tablet....like the Flintstones
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but I've discovered the source of my problem for anyone who runs into a similar one.

It seems that the manufacturer of my motherboard (Gigabyte) included an overclocking program called Easy Tune 6 that was conflicting with BC2. I wasn't aware that I even had it, I guess it was on the Motherboard install disc. But just turning it off before starting Bad Company fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help everyone!
              TrippyD (BF2142)

Jayton Mulo (Eve-TGULT)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse