Bfbc 2 won't launch or start up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bfbc 2 won't launch or start up.

The overlay in TS3 won't allow BFBC to startup. Is there any easy fixes besides setting my pc on fire and walking away?

Thank you for your time

FUN FUN

Re: Bfbc 2 won't launch or start up.

How about some more info on your system. Op system, router, virus detection CPU specs. All would be helpful. Is it possible that the firewall is turned on and hanging up on TeamSpeak not allowing other major programs to launch?

Comment

Hey Gunney.

I'm runing vista. I'm just using a 2wire dsl router that comes with connection. I have my firewall turned off while gaming. Not running any antivirus for this pc since I just game with it. I'm not at my pc at the moment but I think its 2600 overclocked to 2700 ghz duo intel cpu with 1 gig ram. Sound card is a fatality make. And last running 2 8800 GTX video cards.

I hopes this helps you help me some Gunney. I have been looking trough the forums here on EA and Steam but havn't found it yet. I also looked through Team speaks forums and havn't seen it. I wish their search engine worked correctly so I just looked through a bunch of the posts.

Thanks again for your help. I will see you in game :)

FUN FUN

Comment

1 gig ram???? That is probably your problem. BFBC2 calls for 2 gig ram, but I've seen my Logitech Performance Monitor reporting just slightly over 1 gig while in play, of course that was without the TeamSpeak plugin.

Comment

Vista is a resource hawg and bc2 meeds a gig minimum ....my guess is what gunney said your rumning out of ram

sent by a large bird with a stone tablet....like the Flintstones
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I'm sorry I'm home and have an update on my specs. I have vista ultimate 32 bit OS. Its 2 gigs of ram not 1 sorry but I hope thats my problem anyway. Seems easier. 2.66 overclocked to 2.67 intel core 2 cpu. Oh and service pack 2. You still think I need ram? Excuse my typing, I've been like this since I started typing in the forums here at TG in CS :)

Thanks again Gunney and Ven :)

FUN FUN

Comment

2 gigs seems pretty light for Vista and BFBC2...throw in a few background programs and TS and you would certainly run out. try opening up your task manager when your pc is idle and see how many MB of memory is actually being used. That will atleast tell us how much head room you have and if you could be using up all your memory once the game starts.
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Or you could just disable the TS3 Overlay :icon20:.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Try starting the game first, then Alt + Tab out to your Desktop and then start TS3. Should work fine thereafter. You'll just need to do it that way instead of TS3 first. If it crashes after that, then it's a bug in the overlay code that's conflicting with BC2. Disable the overlay.

Also, kind of surprised a PC with 2x 8800GTX's (SLI), and a separate sound card would only have 1GB RAM. Usually high end parts like that have a bit more RAM to match. Did you add the 2 GPUs and sound card yourself? If ya did you should've gotten more RAM too...

Just to double check, Click on Start (Windows logo bottom left), the right click on Computer (or My Computer), then click on Properties. The window should show your basic system specs there.

For more detail, download and install CPUid (aka CPU-Z), then open it and click on the Memory tab up top. It'll look something like this:

This pic shows the RAM is DDR3, 12288 MBytes means there's just over 12GB of RAM. You should click on the Motherboard tab too, which will tell you the make/model of your motherboard. That will help when the time comes to buy more RAM and other PC parts. (Might as well click on the CPU tab to tell us exactly what CPU it is as well).

Cheers, -Zip

P.S. Ven, you should've known that :row__542:.

:icon_frow
                |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy-2-War View Post
                  P.S. Ven, you should've known that :row__542:.
                  I did.....I just was waiting for you to type it all :D

Comment

Dang, Zippy, I see you got 12 gig of DDR3 RAM, but they are only running at 800 Mhz. I've got 2 gig of DDR2 RAM running at 1066 Mhz! Guess I win on the battlefield!

Comment

What the hey??? I ran same program as Zippy and got a different ram speed reading. Should say 1066 mhz, just like my bootup settings screen reports.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...thHO/CPUid.jpg

Comment

Thanks Zippy but I tried running it after I get in game. It will work a little then freeze up everything or wait till end of round to crash it all.

Ok ran cupid and got this. Intel core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66Ghz , Socket 775 LGA
                        Nividia 680i sli MB

DDR2 Dram 400.0 mhz size is 2048

I had help building this pc about 5 years ago I think.

Oh Ven the Memory in task manager shows 781 as I type this.

FUN FUN

Comment

781MB....that doesn't leave much for TS and BC2....I still think it's not enough memory. Did you try killing off applications in the background and trying it?

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                            Dang, Zippy, I see you got 12 gig of DDR3 RAM, but they are only running at 800 Mhz. I've got 2 gig of DDR2 RAM running at 1066 Mhz! Guess I win on the battlefield!
                            and

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                            What the hey??? I ran same program as Zippy and got a different ram speed reading. Should say 1066 mhz, just like my bootup settings screen reports.
                            Not to get too technical, but multiply the DRAM Freq. by 2 and that's the actual RAM speed. So my 800MHz is actually 1600MHz, and your 533MHz reading is actually...drum roll... 1066MHz!

sparhawkxx: You've got 2GB of RAM, and you said you're only using 768MB. Is that while BC2 is running? As Ven said you could use more RAM, another 2GB would help.

:icon_frow
                            |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy-2-War View Post
                              sparhawkxx: You've got 2GB of RAM, and you said you're only using 768MB. Is that while BC2 is running? As Ven said you could use more RAM, another 2GB would help.
                              So what is it? Avail memory or used memory? I've got 1.4 gb of Available memory as I'm typing this. And then I'll start my game. And then I'll kick some butt! Hopefully Zippy's and Ven's butts for bragging about their awesome computers! :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X