unbelievable...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unbelievable...

Waiting on a new video card before I can get into the BF3 beta, I'm noticing some weird slowness with my system, so I decide to take it back to a fresh Win7 install, and start over all around before getting into BF3 beta and beyond. Reformatted, reinstalled Win7. Installed all device drivers, a few apps, Steam, then installed BC2.

I'm trying to get into a BC2 game, but every time I try to join a MP server I get the "connection to the server has been lost" message. I can get into a Play Now match, but every time it puts me into an empty server.

Here's the kicker, when I exit BC2, it hangs - every time. I get a big blank BC2 window in the background. I can hit the Task Manager, right-click and choose End Process, which causes the Window to disappear. However, the BFBC2.EXE process is still going strong. I can't kill it with either End Process or End Process Tree.

The only way to get rid of it is to re-start Windows.

This is not a critical error, as I'll hopefully be in the beta soon, but it's amazing that on a completely fresh system that a game would not install, and be playable, right off the bat.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Re: unbelievable...

Is it possible that it is your firewall on? Or your admin rights not set right to allow the program to write to the history file?

By the way, what vid card you use now and which one you ordering? I've got the evga 250 and it plays ok.

Comment

Running as admin?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
        Is it possible that it is your firewall on? Or your admin rights not set right to allow the program to write to the history file?

By the way, what vid card you use now and which one you ordering? I've got the evga 250 and it plays ok.
        Firewall settings ok, for BFBC2.exe as well as the pnkbstr's.

Current video card is older nVidia GT120, which I discovered last night, with the beta driver installed, I can actually PLAY BF3 beta, but only at 800x600 resolution. A bit jumpy, but I got in, got some kills, and actually knifed someone. Game looks amazing, even at 800x600, can't wait to see it at better resolution and settings.

I order an ATI HD 6770, expect to have it later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
          Running as admin?
          I've not tried running it as admin, will definitely give that a shot. It ran flawlessly before my reformat/reinstall, so I should have tried that.

Comment

I wound up ruling out PB issues, as the game literally crashed every time I ran it. On trying to exit, crash.. No way to kill the process unless I logged out, back in again. Task Manager, End Process - no dice.

So, I uninstalled BC2, Steam, then reinstalled both... and I'm good as gold. No idea what is different, the first install must have had some kind of glitch.

Comment

I think it may have something to do with Windows 7 op system file accessing. I had same problem last night. Could not get in into any occupied server except empty ones. A lot of my favorites were greyed out. Anytime I tried joining server, it would immediately give me a "Lost connection to server" excuse. I was chatting to Namebot about my problem on TS then got into the TG server just fine. Dont know what I did differently.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X