Blue screen of death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screen of death

I get the memory dump screen (a.k.a. the blue screen of death) anywhere from 8-45 min after joining a server. It is probably just a problem with my computer (it's an ASUS G51J laptop), altough come to think of it, I've only played on GameArena #47 so that might be it too.

Anyway, I just want to know:

a. Are any of you experiencing the same problem?
    b. Do you have ANY ideas as to how to fix this?

Please no crap about laptops, mine can run the game fine, it just crashes.

I realize this is also probably a beta-related issue and probably (hopefully) will be resolved in the full version.

Re: Blue screen of death

Run the game windowed, and your video card should have some sort of monitor application, run one, and monitor the heat, something on it is probaily overheating. Just watch the temperature in a system viewer. If your video card does not have one, try this one http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Comment

Overheating, duh! I can't believe that didn't even cross my mind, thanks for pointing that out.

I used speed fan and it seems that my graphics card is overheating. I just remembered that I bought a decent laptop cooler with my laptop and have yet to use it while playing the beta. I'll post again once I try it with the cooler, thanks.

Comment

Yea, the cooler did it, thanks. I had to lower my settings to keep the temp manageable, but oh well.

Comment

Hey I just found this topic, I have the same computer and it's not just the overheating. The g51j has many issues when it comes to games and BSOD. There is even a wikia dedicated to it. For more info check out Here

Edit: If the overheating fixed yours then that's nice, i'l try that on mine some time.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Holy smokes, a whole wiki!

Thanks so much for that, I hope you get yours to work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmus View Post
              I get the memory dump screen (a.k.a. the blue screen of death) anywhere from 8-45 min after joining a server. It is probably just a problem with my computer (it's an ASUS G51J laptop), altough come to think of it, I've only played on GameArena #47 so that might be it too.

Anyway, I just want to know:

a. Are any of you experiencing the same problem?
              b. Do you have ANY ideas as to how to fix this?

Please no crap about laptops, mine can run the game fine, it just crashes.

I realize this is also probably a beta-related issue and probably (hopefully) will be resolved in the full version.
              i'm not playing it on a laptop but i got the BSOD because it said there were some problems with my drivers
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X