Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Higher Frame rate average on low-end systems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher Frame rate average on low-end systems?

Ok, I have a low end system for BC2. That's painfully obvious. Even with everything turned down I was averaging 10FPS. Not great. I have been trying a fre things and here's what I found. The single best thing I did to improve frame rate was take the game out of full screen mode. This can be done in the settings.ini file found(By default) in "C:\Program Files\Documents and Settings\USERNAM\My Documents\BC2BETA" Or something like that. :D Open the settings.ini file and here you can do a couple things. 1. Lower your resolution. You can manually set it even lower than 1024x768 if you really wanted to. I'm not saying it'll be good though.

I run it at 1024x768 and, in windowed mode, I get an average of 20FPS with frequent upticks into 30FPS or so.

Anyone have any other tips? Besides upgrade.......(Which I am in the process of doing)

Re: Higher Frame rate average on low-end systems?

Originally posted by oniell121 View Post
    Anyone have any other tips? Besides upgrade.......(Which I am in the process of doing)
    You and me both... On low settings, my 8800GTX is keeping me in the 30s. Unfortunately I'm going to have to live with it for a time. I'm at least two months out from being able to build a new system.

Comment

Make your resolution 800x600, just a warning, text on screen gets blurred a bit. go to my documents/bfbc2 beta/settings , change it to what you want, then make it read only.

Comment

Originally posted by gamr748 View Post
        Make your resolution 800x600, just a warning, text on screen gets blurred a bit. go to my documents/bfbc2 beta/settings , change it to what you want, then make it read only.
        This worked for me, by lowering to 800x600 I am getting mid 30 FPS, when it was low 20's before. So it makes the game more playable

Comment

Also, which most people i think do, do the dxwhateveritwas=auto in setting.ini, make it equad 9 not auto. It will also remove a few crashes, the auto thing is unstable and it likes to try to screw around on rendering modes, it fixed a good # of my crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
            You and me both... On low settings, my 8800GTX is keeping me in the 30s. Unfortunately I'm going to have to live with it for a time. I'm at least two months out from being able to build a new system.
            What's happened to my beautiful 8800GTX... it's use to be king of the hill. I guess that means I'll need to start drinking less beer and saving some $$$$ for a new video card. :(
            |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

Daddy did you update your card, was an new update a few weeks ago, i got everything maxed except my shadows, and get at least 30fps with not frame lag. The newest update helps a lot.

Comment

I'm getting a GTS 250 next month. I'll let you know how it works.

Comment

I would advise not to use xfires frame counter, its a bit laggy , as seen here, even though i just reset them before this was taken, i forgot to reoptimize it completely, i have a 8600 GTS. I usually get 40 + when i turn down AA , but the graphic levels i don't change. It truthfully has no frame lag, i think xfire reads it wrong.

SHADOWS is the option that causes the frame lag, lower it and you should be fine.

Comment

The frostbite engine is really hard on the CPU. I've got a 5770 which should be plenty of juice, but my framerate is in the teens regardless of video settings. The problem is I'm restricted by my CPU: Athlon X2 5000+ BE @ 3GHz.

Comment

I'm getting around 30FPS with a 5770 and an i5/750 (haven't OC'd yet), everything on high and 8X AA. I was round 30, went to medium settings, and that only got me to 35-40. Medium is actually easier on my eyes. I still need to look at the DX9 and bloom=off stuff from the other thread. I'm only posting this to show even the newer systems are getting a workout, depending on the settings.

Comment

Well, when I run windowed mode at 1024x768 FRAPS rates me at 20 or so on average. After I get my GTS 250, there's an i5 package I'm looking at for later this year. I'm helped by the fact that my 17" monitors have a native resolution of 1280x1024 so that's the highest I'll be running on this computer regardless of the upgrades. A GTS should be more than able to handle 1280x1024 without a hitch.

Comment

Per our discussion and with all due respect it will not work. (-; The game is a pure console port which is a problem. For the time being it seems crossfire and SLI does not work with beta. )-:
                          Last edited by BarrytBaptist; 02-01-2010, 01:09 AM. Reason: McGyver
                          "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Good thing I'm not doing SLI then huh?

Comment

Has everyone tried running in DIrectX 9? SOmeone posted here somewhere already. Brings my FPS up from 25 to about 45, and Fraps at 30FPS at 1600xsomething. Got an nVidia GeForce 880GT (Pretty basic), but having it set top Auto in the settings file was the issue.

Original: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...nce-boost.html - Needs moving to here..
                              BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...